Happy New Year At Sea


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
January 1st 2008
Published: January 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

And so a new year has arrived. What an incredible year 2007 was. Life altering. Filled with immense personal growth. Packed with challenges and adventures and blessings and so much love and laughter and joy. Most often, when a new year begins, I spend a lot of time looking back on what has passed. But this year, I’m spending more time looking ahead. I am excited to see and experience all that the new year will offer. And I am perfectly content and happy to just be where I am right now in life.

New Year’s Eve on the ship was quite busy. Lots of rushing around for carious work things while feeling eager to just enjoy the night. The mess had another great meal laid out, complete with wine. I’d spent most of the day catching up on the sleep I’d lost staying up late talking with a friend the night before. But then, fed & rested, I was ready for the night.

Fleet-wide, the night was formal wear for all crew. I wore my maid of honour dress from Kristin & Rod’s wedding. I loved getting all dressed up & everyone else being that way too, looking all classy for the celebrations.

After working in my club, having a meeting with the cruise director, hotel director & social host team (which I’m considered to be a part of) to coordinate the countdown, I had a short bit of downtime. Shared some wine in Quentin’s cabin with him, Duncan & Jody. Then did some more running around. I was assigned to be hostess in one of the lounges for the countdown, but the musician in that lounge closed it down, so I ended up in the disco along with Terri, one of the social hosts. The actual countdown - while apparently quite spectacular in the atrium where most people were - was pretty non-eventful. It just sort of came and went and felt like “that was it”? But from then on, the night picked up and I had so much fun!

Everyone was so celebratory. Hugs & kisses from everyone. Really lovely.

The night was quite the party. Danced the night away. Spent lots of time chatting at the bar with friends. It was a late late night, but so so much fun.

The new year has begun and it’s already a great start. I look forward to all that 2008 will bring. Lots of love and best wishes to all of you in the new year!




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Me, The Boys & Our New Year DrinksMe, The Boys & Our New Year Drinks
Me, The Boys & Our New Year Drinks

Jody, Quentin, Me & Duncan
Jason & DarnellJason & Darnell
Jason & Darnell

Jason is the gift shop manager & is from Welland, Ontario, Canada (!) and Darnell is the assistant gift shop manager, from England and also worked with me on the Legend.
The GirlsThe Girls
The Girls

Justine (from Ottawa!, works in Camp Carnival - the youth program) and Shale (South Africa, massage specialist in the spa)
Me & SharonMe & Sharon
Me & Sharon

Sharon is from South Africa and is the Director of Camp Carnival, the program for kids 14 & under
"My Boys""My Boys"
"My Boys"

Jody (South Africa, Printshop Tech), Quentin (South Africa, Shopping Specialist) and Duncan (England, Art Auctioneer)
Me & LonelleMe & Lonelle
Me & Lonelle

Lonelle is a dancer and is from the USA
Steph & LoganSteph & Logan
Steph & Logan

Steph & Logan are both theatre techs from the USA. Stephanie is my roomie extraordinaire and "Lolo" is our across the hall neighbour.
Me & SkipMe & Skip
Me & Skip

Skip is the Destiny's Cruise Director, the head of entertainment and my supervisor on board. Australia sent him to us.


6th January 2008

Happy New Year Netter!
Here's to an awesome 2008 babe! Glad you're enjoying yourself!
7th January 2008

two-thousand and eighttt!
there sure are a lot of hot mamas on that ship! you lucky lady- new years looks like it was a blast a bunch of centaurians dressed it up here in the city as well... heres to a great 2008! love, a.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb