Is that a Gun in your trousers or are you just pleased to see me?


Advertisement
Published: June 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

A dude!A dude!A dude!

All the men pretty much wear hats like this!
So i was in the rehab center doing some muscle tests on a patient - i told him i would give him a massage so he layed down and said hold on a minute and the proceeded to take a John Wayne stylie gun out from his trousers and lay it on the table!!! He said, "dont worry, i just use it for protection".... anyway!

The weekend was such a lazy one! Great to zone out and just read and sit in the sun -behind the barbed wire, of course.

Sunday night we headed into town to eat Pupusas (typical El Salvador dish) which are tortillas stuffed with cheese, pork, beans folded in half and then squashed. And then we headed to the Catholic Church in town which was an experience. We danced, held hands, kissed each other and sang along with the musicians for an hour!!! It was packed and lots of people having to stand at the back of the church - and it wasn't even a special occassion.

Had a few really interesting cases - like a 19yr old with sudden onset of facial paralysis who had been referred to physio without having been sent to have a brain scan - i was shocked and very worried for him. There are no MRI machines in this area and he would have to travel at least 3 hours to the capital to get an appointment and then he might not even get seen. We take our NHS for granted guys.. i never thought i'd say that!! And if any of my patients ever moan to me about their quality of care then i'll pack them off to Honduras to get treated!

I saw today that my rehab center which has a newly built second floor (donated money) is left empty because they only have three full time members of staff for this entire region (approx 150,000 people) one exercise bike , one cross trainer and 3 Tens units. It makes me sad! I feel like i really want to make a difference but they need so much help!

Off to Lago de Yojoa today with the girlies. Should be fun on the local buses (called chicken buses because we´re packed in!). We´ve found a wicked hostel which is a microbrewry and has a pool but the weather has turned from Scorchio to torrentials
Our houseOur houseOur house

This is our pad! NB the barbed wire fence
in about 2 days.

Enjoy some more of the photies - some of the house and some randoms.

Hope everyone is well. Send me some mails - i feel out of touch.

xxxx















Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

My bedroomMy bedroom
My bedroom

A mess as per usual! I will never change Mum!!!
The Computer roomThe Computer room
The Computer room

The computer room - high tech!
The loungeThe lounge
The lounge

Where we sit and watch movies
My room mateMy room mate
My room mate

Getrude the Gecko
Me and my bossMe and my boss
Me and my boss

The skeleton i was able to buy for the clinic
The local corner shopThe local corner shop
The local corner shop

This is where we go for our midnight cravings of choco bananas
Choco bananasChoco bananas
Choco bananas

Iuli, me, Jen and Michelle. Frozen bananas covered in chocolate for only 2 Limps which work out at 5pence each!
Working with a clientWorking with a client
Working with a client

Pratically cut his middle finger off. Its been reattached but has not movement in the middle joint so trying to get some movement and strength back. He seems to be improving as well!
Working with a a young girlWorking with a a young girl
Working with a a young girl

Little girl had Downs, she really didnt want to do the exercises with me. But as soon as i got her on the ball we got along great! And i couldnt get her off!


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb