A fair mix of Business and Pleasure


Advertisement
Published: October 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post



Whoever said that you should not mix business with pleasure never visited Maracas Bay on an assignment like mine. Today was like a long awaited mini vacation even though I went to "work".

Maracas Bay is one of the unique beaches located on the Northern coast of Trinidad and Tobago.



Though the weather was not that of the typical "beach day" it was good enough for me to enjoy the time with my family and friends.



The Sun Sand and Sea came up short on the Sun but it was still a day to remember. The scenery heading through the northern hills to Maracas Bay was breathtaking. We were surrounded by sights, sounds and smells that you could not find in the bustling towns of Trinidad.



Adorning the hillsides is the Balisier, this country's national flower. With the poignant smell of salt water in the air, this gives the passengers on the roadways a gentle reminder that they are almost to a place of relaxation.



The weather held up just enough for me to be able to document some of the beautiful scenery that Maracas Bay and its environs had to offer.



Contributing to one of Trinidad's cultural experiences, the perfect mix of a rural and urban setting this beach helps to show the true personality and attitude of our twin nation. Just a ninety minute drive outside of our nation's capital its a must see location.







Here are my top three reasons why Maracas should definitely be on your "must visit" list-:


The sights of the coconut trees swaying in the cool breeze

The sound of sweet Trini soca music coming from Uncle Sam's bar

The smell emanating from the many Bake and Shark tents located in the parking lot across from the beach.







Get details on my journey and locations at:

http://trinitravelgirl.blogspot.com/2012/09/trinidad-and-tobago-can-be-called-land_20.html

">


http://www.facebook.com/TriniTravelGuide

https://maps.google.tt/maps?hl=en&authuser=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=G5XRbJmIbuM

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb