Tyres are annoying & Arnos Vale


Advertisement
Published: April 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We were originally planning to go on a glass bottom boat to the angel reef, but the car had a flat tyre! So instead we decided too go and explore Parlatuvier, the next village from Bloody Bay. We went down to beach where some more fishermen were fishing. Parlatuvier is quite a fishing community, because there is a jetty, and lots of small fishing boats at the end. We then went to a little store to get some supplies. We also went into a little bread shop and got some bread.

When we got home, we decided to go to on a little walk. We took a track above the coastline which was the original road to Parlatuvier from Bloody Bay before the vehicle road was laid. We walked down for about ten minutes , saw an unused wood ant nest and then we walked a bit further. On the way to Parlatuvier we had seen a fire engine, because in the dry season forest fires are frequent, up to 5 or 10 a day on the whole island. As we walked round a corner in our walk, we saw a forest fire. We were quite far away, and it was about where we saw the fire engine on the way to Parlatuvier, but I know these things spread fast. We saw LOADS of smoke and a few flames, which were the size of the trees themselves! I was scared and we just turned back and ran! I was quite glad to get back to the villa even though it was just down the road from the fire! Luckily it didn't spread. There is a lot signs of where forest fires have been.

This afternoon we drove into Scarborough (Dad put the spare tyre on the car) to get the tyre fixed. We drove past yet another forest fire. Next, we got the tyre changed and drove to Arnos Vale hotel. We had afternoon tea ( Orange juice and FOUR CAKES!) and watched the birds. This place was like a dream, all the tiny little hummingbirds came down and drank from the little nectar holders. There was also a really tame parrot which walked along the floor to my seat where it came along and sat on my legs and on my hand! It was SO cute and his or her claws/ feet felt soft and leathery. It was a Orange - Winged Parrot, even though it was mostly green with orange bits under its wings. After we had finished, we went snorkelling off the beach. It was lovely and warm as usual, but, despite reviews, it was flat and there were only a few fish. It was good fun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb