Second Day in Panama


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Panamá » Panama City
February 10th 2010
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Bucaneros RestaurantBucaneros RestaurantBucaneros Restaurant

Good food and wine - stateside prices though not bad.
Last night we had a decent (not great) dinner at Bucaneros. Wine was good at $16 a bottle.

This morning, we had a sweaty walk up Ancon Hill to the top. A giant Panamanian flag now flies where a giant US flag used to fly back in the days. We walked back down which was a lot easier task. Later we went over to the Miraflores locks for their tour which was very well done. Watched a cruise ship work its way through the lock - it was slow - like watching paint dry.

We turned our car back to the vultures at AVIS - our $15/day average rate magically ended up at about $80/day for the two days we had the car - $11 of that was the GPS which was the only deal. I have included a picture of the Tocumen AVIS rep in this blog. We turned our car in down the hill at Albrook field where the rep was much nicer (we are not blaming him for the ridiculous experience we had. He has even agreed to a very cheap rate to take us to dinner and back home tonight).

Tonight it's back to
Top of AnconTop of AnconTop of Ancon

Good view of the city
Balboa Yacht Club as I have a hankering for a huge FRIED Captains platter seafood dinner. More later.

OH - one more thing. We love to read your comments but, when you make a comment - say who you are as this blog does not disclose your name or email address to us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Ancon Hill FlagAncon Hill Flag
Ancon Hill Flag

Also an important statue of someone (description in Spanish)
Karen at the canalKaren at the canal
Karen at the canal

Looking up north toward Gatun Lake - cruise ship in the background.
Cruise ShipCruise Ship
Cruise Ship

No hurry making it through.
AVIS RepAVIS Rep
AVIS Rep

Or a close relative


10th February 2010

I love the Avis rep picture! Ha! Looks nice and warm and relaxing.
10th February 2010

You guys are in Panama and I am in El Paso where it is a balmy 42 degress and cloudy. What is wrong with this picture?? Glad to see you guys are having fun!! Enjoy it!
11th February 2010

Looks loke you are having some beautiful weather and a great time. Love the picture of the AVIS rep!
11th February 2010

Ooops, I didn't read your blog good enough. It's your favorite cousin Donna!
11th February 2010

Very nice
some very nice pictures. love the Avis rep :o) Glad you are having fun in the sun :o) Will await the next blog. Joy
11th February 2010

read the fine print !!
Your pic of the AVIS guy is quite accurate --next time read the fine print !!
11th February 2010

Jennie here - I guess I thought the canal would be bigger. Great photos, and I love the one of the AVIS rep. :) Have fun! I'm planning to water your plants this wekeend.

Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb