bocas to panama city


Advertisement
Panama's flag
Central America Caribbean » Panama » Panamá » Panama City
January 16th 2008
Published: January 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

well we finally escaped the grasp of bocas del toro...
wafter everyone we hung out with for new years left we met up with rona and proeded to pretty much hang out with her for the rest of the time in bocas. she made dinner most nights and we would go out drinking afterwards. we went to red frog beach, wizard beach, caranero beach twice and the aqua lounge alot. me and mike had plans to fly out of bocas but she convinced us to go with her by bus, yeah i know we are suckers. so the the friday before we left we partied at mondos and i went back to the hostel slept for about 2 and a half hours then got up in the same clothes and headed for the boat. we caught the 630 boat to almirante and it was kinda nice cause the water was like glass and the sun was rising. we got to almirante and caught a cab to the bus station in order to get the 8oclock bus but when we got there the 8am bus had no more seats but luckily there was a 9am bus so we went got some bread and cheese and chips and sat down in from of the bus terminal (if u can call it that) and ate. the bus arrived on time we all got in the bus and luckily for us the movie they were playing was i am legend which weirdly enough was still play in the movie theater (can u say bootleg). after the movie i managed to sleep for about 20 mins then the bus stoped so everyone could eat and piss. i had some m and ms and a water. we got back on the bus and made it to panama city by 630 we got in a cab went straight to zoulys hostel got our beds and showered and went out for dinner across the street. it was our last night with rona she was leaving for brazil the next morning. the next morning we said or goodbyes to rona and me and mike went to casco viejo. i bought a panama hat there and we went back to the hostel. i was feeling pretty shitty so i took a long nap and then got up and we went to the supermarket for some food and who do we see there none other than sophie om england who we hung out with in bocas so we all decided to go to the canal together the next morning. we met up with sophie the next morning and grabbed a cab to the canal we were there for about 2 hours then went back and walked around for a bit. i was still feeling pretty shitty so i went to the pharmacy and got some cold medicine. sophie was off to san blas the next day and we decided that it was too expensive and i was extreamly broke. the next day we went down to balboa so mike could buy some souvenirs but of coarse he didnt buy anything. we then went to the warehouse district where thre are suppose to be really cheap stuff there. mike didnt buy anything there either. but we met an old man who followed us around and told us where to shop and eat. we ate rice beans and chicken for a dollar sixty. he told us his life story and the story of panama. we decided to go back and i gave im a couple of bucks. we went back and went to a movie later that night. today we changed hostels. we are nowin mamallena where we saw 2 israeli girls we have been seeing since guatemala. i have no idea what we are doing tonight.peace...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 47; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb