Beach time


Advertisement
Published: August 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We spent some time on the internet deciding where to go next. We had planned to go to the Corn Islands in the Caribbean, but had read some horror stories of people getting robbed and assaulted there. This was not too encouraging, so we scratched that place off our agenda.

We shared a taxi with the Irish girls again and headed out to a beach north of San Juan, I believe it was called Marsella. We pretty much had the place to ourselves. There were some great rocky headlands to climb around and the white sand and clean surf were great.

We planned to have lunch a the small restaurant on the beach, but it had closed by the time we got there. We wandered up the road to a small shack where they served us beer and we played with their puppy called ¨Pepe¨.

The taxi driver picked us up at 4pm as arranged. Like most people in Nicaragua, he didn´t want to take any payment upfront, he just accepted payment when we were done.

When we got back we went for a walk up the south bluff. We had heard that there was a lighthouse and the ruins of William Walkers fort up there. We headed up a dirt path past some shanties where a young Nica boy called Daguere decided to join us. On the way up, we found a tiny little turtle on the path, a long way from the ocean. We watched the sun set and Daguere took me up a path the see what was left of the fort.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0989s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb