Beach town, Nicaragua style


Advertisement
Published: August 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We had arranged to share a taxi with Fiona & Magella to take us to Moyogalpa to catch the 9am ferry back to San Jorge. As the taxi pulled up the dock, the ferry was just pulling away and heading off. So we spent a couple of hours there until the next one came by. Down by the water, the town has a concrete model of the island and its volcanoes.

We caught the 11am ferry, and then shared a taxi to San Juan del Sur, which is the Nicaraguan version of Tamarindo, but a lot smaller and low key. The others sat and relaxed while I hunted around for a decent place to stay. There were a number of crappy dark little places that didnĀ“t seem too appealling. One place, the Hotel Estralla, was only $5 per person per night, but when I looked at the rooms I could see why. There was a great view of the beach, but that was the only selling point. The matresses on the beds were ripped up and rotting and there was garbage on the floors. I suspected that the girls would not be too interested in staying there... After a few crappy places, I found Hotel Docle Vida (Hotel sweet life), which was recenltly opened and was the cleanest nicest place that we had stayed at. We even had air-con - talk about fancy!

We explored the beach and went for a swim. The surf on the beach was really rough - the kind of waves that just pick you up and then slam you back down on your head.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb