Studs everywhere...


Advertisement
Published: August 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well, this is a bonus...for you!...decided to stay another noche here in San Juan del Sur..although its pronounced sewer its not like the blind mullet barrage in one of the last beaches, in fact this is a paradise, really clean, friendly people, no security things, a very seductive little bay...went out with Vladamir this morning,(he spent 3 years in the Caspian Sea with the Russian naval academy, hence the nickname) we dropped Grant off at a surf spot and went on a fishing expedition...almost got a big one, but hey, thats fishing, we followed the birds and came across boiling mobs of bait fish, Vlad throws in the little line with bare hooks, pulls out 2 lttle bait fish, we put them onto hand lines and let them swim...I got 1 big bite but lost it..pulled in the line and the little sucker had been neatly beheaded, and just missed the bit with the hook by a couple of mil.....had a few more goes and would have got some fish but had to go back and rescue Grant from the surfistas... v tempted to stay another month or so but maybe on the way back...have to say that this is gotta be close to the best place so far...altho' El Salvador was good too....and I've sorted a few more pics so I'll try and throw them on....we went up the coast a bit this morning in the boat, the hills have a frothy jungle bush that thins out to a softer mossy looking green and ends right on the cliff top...below is the boiling whitewater..some sections of the cliff have fallen down, complete with grasses and bushes, still growing, looks like it could've fallen yesterday but clearly a long long time ago ..the rocks reach up out of the water in tortured lines, frozen as they set, jagged skylines, stratum of different colours at 45 degree angles running down to the water...and the coast just goes on and on, little bays with odd little houses, some very shmicko places, palaces!, have their own way in no doubt, isolated surf camps setting up, must be a million places along the coast here all perfect.....so, a few cleansing ales for the big day and off to Costa manaƱa........
Hasta luego..B
Oh, just remembered the start, something about wall studs, ear studs, studs walking the park with hands on hips but mainly horse studs...great rancheros with fabulous gates and all done up like its a world standard or something?...white fence posts and rails...and some really nice looking horses, even for me!...one place bucked the trend...boom.boom...had black poles around the yard with the tops sharpened and white, looked like a bunch of pencils..bizarro...

Well, sorry about that,,,just spent half an hour trying to get the photos up...but nada!!...sometimes it works, sometimes it don't...I'll have another burl in Costa...g'night...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb