Granada, Nicaragua


Advertisement
Published: December 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bryan, Justin and I got to Granada around 2pm and checked into the Bearded Monkey. I really enjoyed Leon but Granada has more to it, although they are both similar in just being cool cities to just walk around in. We celebrated our arrival with pizza at the best pizza place in town and hatched a plan for a Breakfast Crawl the next morning following the discovery of multiple good breakfast places. Watched "Clockers" at the hostel and ended up going out with some Brits to a local bar and crappy nightclub. It was a schoolnight so not much happening, although the walk back to the hostel involved having some idiot throw a rock in our direction, getting hassled by another guy and some weirdo following us blowing a whistle.

Woke up early for the Breakfast Crawl involving by order of appearance; doughnuts and coffee, bagels and coffee and waffles at different establishments. The Americans went to the Monkeyhut while I went to a nearby market town of Masaya to get a hammock at the market. Got the hammock and ate 3 coffee ice creams that day and returned to a rainy Granada. Stayed another night and went to bed early.

Up early the next morning to got to Omnetepe.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Poor bikePoor bike
Poor bike

Lots of folks travel two to a bike.


Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb