Isla de Ometepe


Advertisement
Published: August 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Made it to Isla de Ometepe, the island made up of two volcanos. I have great pictures of the two volcanos. I will upload them soon. We stayed two nights. The first night we stayed at hotel that was very secluded and had very little for children to do. Macayla did not enjoy it so we moved on the next day. Plus, this place (Hotel Merida) had a monopoly since it was the only place to eat. We paid $5 each for a dorm bed and had to pay $5.75 for a buffet dinner and $4.50 each for the buffet breakfast. Anyway, we met Phea from Australia at Hotel Merida and she was moving to a new hostel called Hotel Vanessea (sp?). We decided to go along with her since she said it was much nicer and more things to do on Lake Nicaragua. We also met Talawnya and her two boys that came along to the new location too!
I have been promising Macayla horseback riding so we signed up for a tour of the island on horseback. Very cheap, $5 per person per hour with the guide included. Unfortunately, Macayla was thrown off her horse onto her butt and has been in some pain since. We also hiked up a very steep hill nearby and watched the sunset over lake Nicaragua. Very beautiful!!! I have some great pictures coming soon.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb