Nicaragua!


Advertisement
Published: August 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hola. i arrived in nicaragua last night after two days of travel, including a day in el salvador.

i stayed in zona rosa in el salvador. it was hard to imagine that this country had just ended a civil war less than 15 years ago. san salvador was so modern and the roads were the best i have seen in central america. they actually had elevated roadways which was the first time i had seen these during my travels. the clubs were modern....reminding me a bit of the clubs in miami. full of beautiful, rich, young people.

eastern el salvador was amazing to drive through....large fields of green, green crops surrounded by mountains. the clouds were lingering just over the fields, skimming the crops.

there is a festival going on in granada, nicaragua right now. yesterday was the running of the bulls and today there is some sort of running of the horses. lots of music, parties and dancing. i´ll probably stay here for at least another day before i begin to travel again.

have fun in VT mwai! max is the travelling doggie.....he will probably see more of the country than most other dogs 😊

i´m not sure what my bday plans are....i will probably be in costa rica at that time....great place to be during a bday!

i will check in later!

love,
sue (itch-free for 3 days!!!!) hehehe

Advertisement



21st August 2006

Yey
So glad your itching is gone - hooray! Zona Rosa sounds nice!!! Enjoy Nicaragua - I've always wanted to see that running of the bulls - that is insane! Talk to u soon!

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb