Sightseeing


Advertisement
Published: June 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The marketThe marketThe market

In the market, there are stands selling fresh produce, meats, fish, hygiene products and everything else. The market is comparable to a flea market, but much more crowded.
6-9-06

The bags still didn’t come from the airport today. I did yoga, talked with Reynaldo’s mom, went to Spanish classes, slept, had lunch, saw the city, slept, had dinner, talked with Reynaldo’s sister and played with baby Antonio.

Of course the best part of the day was sightseeing with Reynaldo. We went in his sister’s car all over the place. Everywhere we went people were asking us for money because I am a gringa, and because we were using a car. Too bad for them that all I have is a stained $10 bill, which is a bad as not even having any money. They are afraid of stained money here, because they think it is fake.

I am getting used to Spanish much better this time, in fact I keep slipping back into Spanish as I am writing this report.

But more about the sightseeing - Grenada is beautiful, there are many great sites, most of the beautiful buildings are cathedrals. This was the first time that I saw beautiful churches with someone who knew the stories behind some of the saints that are honored, and some of the churches in the area. Reynaldo told
The CemetaryThe CemetaryThe Cemetary

The richest families have big rooms that they are stored in. The closer the room is along this main walkway, the richer, more established the Nicaraguan family is.
me which churches the rich people go to, which ones are used for weddings, and which are used for funerals. The yellow church in the picture is the largest church in the city and it is used for funerals. I asked Reynaldo if it is used only for the funerals of the rich and famous, and he said that anyone can have a funeral there.

We also saw the cemetary where the richest people in the country are buried.

I am excited because tomorrow we are going to the islands and the volcano! It is soooo pretty!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Chamorro FamilyThe Chamorro Family
The Chamorro Family

One of the most opulent gravesites, the Chamorro family boasts more than 7 members serving as ruler of the country.
Going for a boat ride?Going for a boat ride?
Going for a boat ride?

This little marina looks like a beautiful place to go on a boat ride, unfortunately for me, it was raining when we went here.


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb