Nica-aber


Advertisement
Published: October 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

PromenadePromenadePromenade

bit different
Sitting on the bus to Managua, we decided we didn't actually want to go to Managua, so got off and headed to the beach...because we haven't had enough of beaches yet. We arrived in Aberystwyth and followed the locals lead, grabbed a beer and watched the sun, setting behind the boats.

Next couple of days involved indulging in yoga, superfoods and a cheap massage which left our neck and shoulders in pain for days afterwards - ideal for heavy rucksacks.

Spent a night on a turtle tour stargazing as there wasnt a turtle to be found. Lovely to be on a beach at night in a nature reserve guarded by gunmen.

To see some Nicaraguan culture we went out to watch traditional dancing, which in Nicaragua is a dance involving costumes and masks of an elderly couple, arguing and running around with sticks. Should have taken a camera.

San Juan Del Sur is the skilled surfers paradise. As we cant really put ourselves in this category we instead treated the sea as a wave machine and did our own surfing, minus surfboards. Its a miracle Emily still has a bikini...

We must report to you our
SunsetSunsetSunset

seen better
loyal followers that we have been victims of a crime. A crime of theft. The evidently parched criminal made off with our 1.5 litre bottle of water whilst we were 'surfing'. Sadly we doubt the police would be that interested...

Cant wait to see more of Nicaragua. Next stop Volcanoes! x

Advertisement



13th October 2011

The Beach Bo, check it out. I want a gap year to learn how to surf but fear that\'s not on offer yet, meanwhile i\'ll read your blog & dream. Shame about the water, good job that\'s all it was. xxxx

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb