The ThreeMuskateers and the Marines are reunited!


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

After haggling our taxi driver down to $22 each he decided when we got to theLazy Turtle hostelin Leon that he wouldput theprice up again and just grinned at us and said tips tips! We thoughtyou little bugger but just let him take the fewdollars extra as we couldn't be bothered to argue!

So we checked into the hostel however, probably should have found an internet cafe first as we weren't too sure wher the boys were.We checked the internet after we had checked in to find that they were at the other hostel lazy bones.....cheekily we worked our charm on the hostel owner and managedto check out straight away as we wantedto spend the time with the guys! SO we found lazy bones and got our room here for the night! We first saw alex as Josh and Steve were out at that time, Alex hadbeen on the beers all day as per usual...no change there but they were all pleased to see us!

They had met another couple of English girls plus there was another amercian guy (i can't remember his name). After freshening up again as wewere all pretty hot and bothered after the days travels we headed out to find a place for dinner en mass! We cam across a little local place where we drank afewbottle ofrum and beer between us all,needless to say by the end of the meal we were all a little tipsy....the walk home leading to me knocking helens ice cream out of her hand! She was not happy! haha......i promised to buy her another one the next day! It felt good to be backwith our american frends....the endless banter and teasing on both our behalfs contiinued to happen! Steves comments of 'this one time in bagdad' and 'i have a cat' continuedto flow as did the guys odd looks at us three when they hadn't a clue what the hell we were saying!

The guys decided to go on an alcoholmission....the result of this was nearly a 2litre bottleof rum being bought...dangerous! Us girls finally had our showers that had been wanted all day and we got ready fora fun fun night! We allchilled out in our room with somemoredrinks....needless tosay io think the shots we had beforeheadingout probably did us over a little too much! The memory of me, ellieandalex collapsed in the mosi net on the bed proved this! haha!Anyway,wepromiised that we wouldn't drink anymore that night.....probably wasn't goingtohappen but all the same the thought was there!

We headed out to the oxygen bar where girls got in free! Forsome reasonthe guys werebying chewing gum at the entrance of the club and i thought this was a brilliant idea so just wondereed around offerening chewing gum to people in the club! After experiencing out new cocktail macua in san juan, Ellie and I got on that at the bar! For some strange reason we also found it very amusing to see if we could dance on the bar...unfortunately the answer was no! As per usual, Alex and I goton the rum....what other drink would you see me drink nowadays?? haha...the night was hilarious and definitely one of the top ones so far! The walk home was hysterical too....I can't even remeber what me andalex were chatting about but again, hecouldnot understand what the hell i was saying! My chat at the best if times sometimes baffled them but when i start talking at about 10 times the speed after afew drinks, i think he was completely lost! Wed sat by the pool for ages.....i definitely questioned himfor ages about his job body guarding Britney Spears and then his war stories...fascinating stuff!

The next morning weall awoke to some very sore heads...the guys we heading off to do some volcano boarding! I am definitely glad that us girls weren't doing that! The thought of trekking up an volcano that morning and then going very fast down it whilst feeling like that would have definitely made me chunder a little! Instead we had some of our famous porridge and chilled out in the pool! We had all planned to head to the beach that afternoon for a couple of days so got on the hunt for this cool hostel we had seen advertised, unfortunately the hostel people who seriously were bipolar and had some sort of personality failure chuked us out because we were hanging around after we had checked out. We were only waiting for the guys and not causing any harm but obviously that was too much for the people to handle! Anyway, after being chucked out we went to find an internet cafe to ring up the hostel we wanted to head to. It was a bit of a mish though to find one and when we did, the number we had was not right! Damn...anyway, we came across where the guys were after there volcano boarding and needless to say they were very merry! A few too many mojitos me thinks! They had befriended a couple of other Americans, Sarah and Raoul....needless to say this Sarah girl was going to seriously grate on us over the next few days with her ridiculous comments and belief that she was far better than us. We all headed back to the hostel to get our bags, needless to say this was pretty eventful from the lads drunkeness.....Steve thought it would be a great idea to go and pray in church whilst intoxicated! Helen was not impressed!!! We eventually all got into taxis and headed to the coast....finding the hostel we wanted to head to proved more tricky than we expected! The ride was funny as the conversations steve had with the taxi driver were interesting to say the least with STeve piping up ' so where are you from'...uh, steve he is a local taxi driver in Leon...take a second guess...Leon maybe! We had a few sing songs as Ellie and Hels wanted Steve to hear me sing...thanks girls and finally we decided that we weren't going to be able to find this place and so setttled on another hostel. This place was pretty cool, by the time we arrived the sun was setting and so a quick swim and dive through the huuge waves was definitely needed! Sand as usual got everywhere but none of us really could be bothered with proper showers so we just washed off briefly and got ready to party!

We still had half the 2litre bottle of rum to finish off so after we managed to smuggle that up to the top deck of the restaurant we all chilled out and drank up! Ellie and I decided at some point that a little rave pit needed to be made in our room as we beautified ourselves and got through some of the vodka! The annoyingness that was Sarah was getting on our nerves and so we decided that we desperately needed to get away from her! So we headed to our room and busted out some tunes whilst making some vodka 7up concoction....steve ended up coming to the room in the end to get something but unfortunately for him we roped him into our rave pit! Again, he must have thought what nut jobs! And then there was 4 as hels let us know that our food was at the table...but she was not getting away until she had a few drinks with us! Feeling slightly more merry we headed backto the table and started on the games! Probably the best game of tallyho to date!

I have to say the night kind of went a bit wierd from then on.....everyone seemed to split off and do their own thing! Josh was falling asleep at the table so ELlie and I roped him into doing rum shots at the bar and we then headed to chill and listen to music in his room! He was obsessed with these photos that he had taken volcano boarding and so insisted on showing them to us for the third time that day! Ellie and I just nodded and grinned acceptingly! Error on the guys behalf though as they had managed to lose their key for their room.........so in a mission to find it I ended up walking in on Hels and Steve just exclaimimng 'oh..shit man' and turned off teh light and shut the door.

The intruder that was Sarah funnilyky ended up falling asleep at the table as she couldn't get into the room so I obviouisly decided that it would be a great idea to buy another bottle of rum for Alex and myself! We headed to the beach and had some drinks, needless to say I woke up the next morning covered in sand much to Ellies unamusement as she had had to sahre with me and was not liking the sand in the bed! haha!

We asmpled our first traditional breakfast of gallo pinto the next morning which is basically like rice and beans and egg and stuff, its actually pretty yummy and after deciding on what to do we all thought it would be good to try and find this surfing turtle lodge! This was a little bit of a mission to say the leaset seeing as the lodge was on a different island somewhere and no one really knew where that was! Afteer a good walk in the scorching heat with our heavy rucksacks on but the tunes blaring on our speakers we eventually found the rickety boat that would be able to take us over to the island! The island seemed ppretty deserted and it was a 1.5km walk to just get to the hostel! Well the walk was intereesting to say the least! The shaded wooded path ended up being a muddy muddy track home to numerous small crabs! The name game was played by Ellies, Hles, Steve Josh and myself....what a failure that was! This game we have found out is rubbish when played between english and americans as we both don't know who the hell each other are talking about! So instead Josh and Steve took over....omg, I have never been so bored in my life! The game was dire but pretty hysterical due to that!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb