Week 2 in Maranatha Villa


Advertisement
Jamaica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Jamaica » Runaway Bay
February 25th 2010
Published: February 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Bye byeBye byeBye bye

The four deserters.
So last Saturday four of the crew left the villa leaving just five. Life calmed down quite considerably along with the consumption of rum.

We've been making the most of our private beach which is around a ten minute walk down the road. The beach is petty much emtpy most of the time, sheltered by a natural breakwater, the water is calm and the sand is soft.

Trying to remember the sequence of events is tricky so here's what we've been up to in no particular order.

The beach has a bar which has superb jerk chicken and a very odd looking and tasting local rum punch, which lives up to it's punch name. Red Stripes are a refreshing way to cool down especially after a mammoth snorkel, which Steve and I did off the rocks at the back of the villa, around the coast to our beach. It was quite hairy in places especially when we had to cross the coral breakwater. It took a good five minutes of deliberation as to whether it was safe enough to swim over or whether we should swim out to sea and go around it (using the boat channel!).
Puffy pig tailsPuffy pig tailsPuffy pig tails

Giant curly watsits.

Another night, Laverne, the lady who is doing our cooking and cleaning, invited us to a party on the beach in St Ann's Bay. It reminded us a little bit of driving in to a sandy Glastonbury with huge speakers stacked on top of each other playing a mixture of 80's pop and Jamaican reggae. We spent a few hours dancing on the sand enjoying the atmosphere before tiredness caught up with us. Infact, we've been quite rubbish at staying up late throughout the whole trip. Bed time is usually before 11pm - rock and roll!

After Annie left on Tuesday the Villa has seemed particularly empty, so we put down the back gammon for a few hours and went to Mystic Mountain. A brilliant day out involving a journey up in a four person ski lift, a 1km long bobsleigh ride Jamaican style and then half the return journey by zip wire. There was an infinity pool at the top with a water slide and fantastic views over Ocho Rios. A costly but brilliant day out.

Today we're catching up on some backgammon with salt fish for breakfast. We're also starting to think about packing, getting our
BackgammonBackgammonBackgammon

on our beach
clothes ready and planning our next stop, Belize.

Maybe a marathon game of bananagrams is on the cards for this afternoon.

Hope all is well back home.

Love

Sheryl and Steve

x


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Our beachOur beach
Our beach

just chillin' mon.
KennyKenny
Kenny

Kenny is living with us. He's a 19 year old who is in to his music. Look out for DJ Kenny!
Mystic mountainMystic mountain
Mystic mountain

A twenty minute ski lift up the mountain.
Jamaican Jamaican
Jamaican

bobsleigh team
RUUUUUMRUUUUUM
RUUUUUM

For Nina.


25th February 2010

Rum
Just a thought, but I'm not sure Nina will appreciate pictures of rum she can't drink! xxx
12th April 2010

hey
i hope your both having a fab time, got the morning off, just catching up on your blog...am not jealous in the slightest!!!

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb