Dunn's River Falls


Advertisement
Jamaica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Jamaica » Ocho Rios
September 11th 2012
Published: September 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

November 2009

Our trip to Dunn's River Falls, Ocho Rios (Eight Rivers), Jamaica came as part of a shore excursion while cruising on the Island Princess.

We were too timid to climb the falls, but wish we had after watching others, and seeing how easy and fun it actually was. There is a paved walkway and decking system beside the falls for those, like us, who didn't climb.

For those who do climb, you need tennis shoes, or appropriate rubber soled water shoes, which are available for either rent or purchase inside the park. While you can climb the falls by yourself, most people opted for a guide. While climbing the climbers join hands, primarily for safety. In the groups we watched, no one fell.

The worst part of visiting Dunn's River Falls Park is the Jamaican vendors. They are among the most aggressive we have ever encountered.

The second part of our excursion was a trip to the Sky Explorer chairlift at Mystic Mountain. The chairlift took us up 700 feet for a spectacular view of Ocho Rios and the Caribbean. There is a mini-museum and restaurant/bar at the top. You can also ride a bobsled run or go zip-lining from the station for an additional cost.

We enjoyed a cold drink from the bar before descending and returning to the ship.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb