day 2


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras
January 15th 2006
Published: January 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

01/15/06 ***some of these photos are really of day 3. I would take the time to correct the photos to their proper day but it I don't have the time....ATW

This morning breakfast was around eight. Esmeralda and the rest of the team were there when I got into the room. I ate light, a banana, toast with fresh local honey, and a cup el café. Afterwards we had a devotional time of music and song. I played guitar and we sang as a group a couple of hymns and other praise songs. Then there was a reading from Genesis, the first few verses about God’s creation of time. It was related to our time here working and living in Honduras. The time we give of ourselves to work for the good and the spiritual and health benefits given to the Honduran people. After the devotions we started our only real work of the day to break out the new medicines sent down with the team and store them in their respective containers at the Barnabas house. We opened the bodega and got out the boxes and went through them throwing away the expired medicines and putting the new medicines into their place. We also divided the medicines into baggies and figured out how they would be distributed to the people. We packed the bags to take out to the villages by days and medicines needed for each. The whole operation was done by a gallant team effort and by lunchtime it was all done. For lunch we took a ten minute drive down to lake Yajoa and went to a lovely fish restaurant called Agua Azul. We all ate and had our fill of the food. The restaurant is all open air with great views of the natural lake and the mountains that surround it. The restaurant is in the middle of a Honduran style resort that has small bungalow houses scattered about the hillside overlooking the lake. After wandering around a bit we headed back to the Barnabas house and relaxed. I showed a photo slideshow and then we had a light dinner of beans, avocado, egg, and corn tortillas. After dinner we had another devotion and then sang some more songs and I got to play guitar again. Melvin, the Honduran coordinator for Friends of Barnabas, a San Pedro Sula native, gave a power point presentation on Honduras. He covered poverty, health, education, and economic issues. After the presentation we all headed to our rooms for sleep. Tomorrow we’ll arise in time for breakfast at 5:45.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



18th January 2006

wonderful!
adam, so wonderful to see your images and read your journal. thank you for posting both! :)
19th January 2006

Great Pictures!
Adam , we are enjoying your pictures and journals. Keep up the good work!

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb