Copan Ruin Us


Advertisement
Published: July 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Alas a proper diary of my adventures in Copan Ruinas need be told. Getting off the cramped bus from the Tamarinda Hostel in San Pedro Sula, we were buttonholed by a gang of porter. Of course the all had the best deals in town. One such man was followed us all the way up the street for 2 blocks then waited outside the coffee house as we got our bearings and decide which way was North. We were in search of the elusive Blue Iguana; had been told about such a creature by an Aussie named Shane. So loaded with caffeine we crossed the Pargue Central. On the map and in the hot sun, the Blue Iguana was miles away on uneven cobble stones in flip flops and heavy packs with sweat in our eyes. In reality it was only about 4 blocks out of the village centre. We had to ask at one point if we were going the right way and a kind old man with skin like leather and a rusted machette in hand reassured us, we wee on the right path.

The Blue iguana looked like it hadnt seen business for awhile. 2 new fridges and a bunch of plastic wrapped matresses litter the foyer. The dorm room was accented with leopard print sheets. A cool pad for 3.50USD a night and quite at least until we arrived. Wha ha ha!

So order of business - beer, rum and food. We went in search of some tasty morsels and some real food to fill our bellies. Bus travelling is always subsitent on bags of chips, pop and other junk foods. I was smart enough to get some roast chicken and corn tortillas from a street vendor before I left SPS, so my main concern was beer.

Found a great BBQ restaurant where the beers were 18 LMP all day long. Most of the food was all charaques (charbroiled) right next to the table. After dinner we decided to get some rum and cokes and ice from tienda. Cheap. Then we went to Tunkul Bar to see what kinda trouble we could find. And we found it, an American and a Canadian girl. We all went back to the Iguana and played shithead untuil we finished the 2 bottles of rum. Ah Flor di Cana.

Next day I got up early. Showered in the hot showers and cruised around town to take some photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Side streetSide street
Side street

Sitting on the stoop watching the cows and horses feed with an Imperial in hand.


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb