Day 17 Copan 2 Jaguar Moon Hotsprings


Advertisement
Published: January 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had a slight problem withdrawing lempiras from the atms, we eventually figured it out, the atms would only let you 2000 lempiras at a time. We had changed a small amount at the border with the money changers but used that up getting lunch & supplies. The currency is named after an native chief who fought the Spanish Conquistadors.

At 4pm we hired to pick up trucks & headed off into the back country to the Jaguar Moon Hotsprings. The paved road ended 10ft outside the town & it was good fun bouncing all the way there in the back of a pickup. This dirttrack was worse than the one leading into the Serengenti in Tanzania. We saw a couple of overturned trucks in narrow ravines.

The hotsprings had 2 pools , 1 hot & the other tepid. They were fed by natural thermal springs that were to hot to stand under directly. We had bought wine & beers, the place did a top class bbq, so everybody had a good time. It was nice to sit in the hot water in the evening, with a glass of wine, watching the fireflys.

When I got back to later that night, I found a good coffee shop with a roof terrace & fast wifi, so I spent about an hour there with my laptop.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.069s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb