Last day in Copan


Advertisement
Published: April 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Last day in Copan

 Central America Caribbean » Honduras » Copan By amy aaron
April 26th 2007 This morning we went to the bird park in Copan. It is a sanctuary for tropical birds native to Central America. Most are donated by people who owned the birds as pets. Parrots and macaws can live 80-100 years, so some of their birds are pets who out-lived their owners. Others are injured birds that they're helping to get back to good health before releasing them. We got an up-close look at lots of macaws, toucans and parrots. In the afternoon we were supposed to take the bus back to San Pedro Sula in preparation for our flight tomorrow, but we couldn't find a hotel room (!) so we ended up deciding to stay one more night at Casa de Cafe. We went for dinner at Hacienda San Lucas, a renovated colonial Spanish hacienda just outside of Copan. They serve a 5-course traditional Honduran meal that is made with fresh ingredients from their farm. The hacienda is also an Inn with 8 rooms. At night they light the whole place with candles and its beautiful. Tomorrow we catch the 5:15 am bus to SPS to fly home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Sunset at the HaciendaSunset at the Hacienda
Sunset at the Hacienda

You can see the town of Copan on the right


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb