Copan - Tela - San Pedro Sula


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras » Northern » Tela
December 17th 2008
Published: December 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We set off early from Copan and we very excited to be heading to the coast for some bright sunshine. It was a fairly long moring but finally got to Tela (which neither of us thought much of) to then get a bus to one of the Garifuna villages, La Ensenada. We checked into a nice little hotel that had remarkably smelly water to the point whgere we both refused to wash. It was a really nice little place and we found a beachside bar come restaurant come home where a couple cooked us one of the biggest meals ever consisting of rice, chicken and banana chips. The following day we decided we would try and get a tour to an island where snorkeling was meant to be good. We also decided that rather than waiting for the bus that never seemd to come we would walk down the lovely, peaceful beach, which was pretty stupid of us. We got mugged by 3 young guys, 2 of which had knives and the other a stick who hit Chris with it. Luckily we weren't harmed but had everything taken, from my ruckssack through to Chris's new cheapo watch that we had bought for about a dollar. It was our own fault for being to laid-back and is something we won't be doing again! We decided we had had enough though and after filing a police report jumped on the next bus to San Pedro Sula where we stayed 1 night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb