La Ceiba


Advertisement
Published: April 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our Arrival

We caught the Diana Express bus from San Pedro Sula which arrived in La Ceiba at 4pm. It dropped us off at their offices near the Mall Megaplaza. A taxi to the town centre cost L25 per person.




Where We Stayed

Hotel Granada - in the market area on Avenue Atlantida between Calle 4 and 5. L280 for a double room with TV and bathroom.

We originally shared a taxi to Banana Republic Guesthouse however they only had dorm beds which were $12 each! We walked up the road into town and there are plenty of hotels around the market.



Where We Ate

We had dinner in somewhere next to the hotel not worth mentioning however there was a supermarket on Avenue 14 de Julio just next to our hotel.

There are also a couple of ATM's on Avenue San Isidro.



Where We Went Next

From La Ceiba we took a taxi to the ferry from outside our hotel for L50 each. We think there might be local bus to the ferry as on the taxi ride we passed a bus with 'muelle' on it. The taxi took 15 mins.

The office to the ferry to Utila is a beat up shed to the right of the fancy terminal for ferrys to Roatan. The ferry is a budget breaking $28 or L542 one way! The ticket window is on the front of the building and you will need your passport or a copy to buy tickets. Put your bag on the trolley for loading onto the boat.

The boat started boarding at 9:20am. Show your ticket and (only guys) were scanned with a wand. The ferry left at 9:35am and took about 1 hour. After docking bags were unloaded one by one onto the pier. The further away from La Ceiba you go the bluer the water gets.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb