No guns in my country


Advertisement
Honduras' flag
Central America Caribbean » Honduras » Central » Yuscaran
September 1st 2008
Published: September 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Warming upWarming upWarming up

This is the band getting the crowd ready for the show
This last weekend I headed over to El Paraiso for the reggaeton show at Iglesia Amor Viviente. It turned out to be just a concert with a small no name band from Tegus. Karina and I ended up leaving early. On Saturday we planned on going swimming, but the rain wouldn't allow it, so once again we sat around like a couple Hondurans and watched movies. I enjoy spending time with the Reyes family. They are all very easy going and have a great sense of humor. This weekend I found out that even a conservative Honduran family enjoys racial jokes. After Saturday night I am convinced that every race of people enjoys mocking other races.

Today (Monday, September 1st) was the first full day of classes. Last week we had half days all week. My eleventh graders handed in their homework and its fantastic. The assignment was to create laws and regulations for a new nation. The government is setting aside a chunk of Honduras and it was each students responsibility to write about how they would govern their new territory. Here are some of the examples.

1 - What form of Government would you use? ex) Democracy,
Karina and her sisterKarina and her sisterKarina and her sister

At the concert
Feudalism, Theocracy, Communism...
- I would use the socialist political system because it focus on the benefit of the people.

2 - What is your official language?
- Our official language would be Spanglish. (a combination of Spanish and English)
- French.
- The official language will be "Chortis." (I have no idea what this is, but I love it)
- Russian.

3 - Will the citizens be allowed to carry guns?
- Nop, never.
- No, just with licence.
- The citizen will not be allowed to carry guns because there will be too much violence, and guns will not be allowed to enter the antion.
- No! because we are allergic to guns! jajaja

4 - What types (if any) of censorship will your country have?
- There will be no censorship, you will watch whatever you want and do whatever you want.
- nop, everything is allowed.
- Yes, I would censor TV programs, movies and forms of expression (my favorite answer)
- Yes, porn TV programs (these are allowed on basic cable here in Honduras)
- Yes, no naked
???

I get this look a lot from Karina
"ppl" on the streets, porn TV programs

5 - What industries will your country develop?
- No industries, each citizen will reach its own wealth by different means.
- Industries of candies.
- Maquila, because it gives you a lot of jobs and it is a well paying job. "SOMETIMES"!
- Kiwi industies. Grow kiwi and all because kiwi is cool, I like kiwi.
- Industries of snack, water, dressing industries and shoes.

6 - Will you have the death penalty?
- Nop, because no body has the right to take the life but God. Bad people would be ship off the country.
- Yes, only if that person commits a crime, only if a person kills someone, then he must die.
- Yes because I believe that if someone commits a crime as big as a kidnap, raping or killing, he/she should pay with death.

7 - Describe your educational system.
- It will be trilingual, yes it will be mandatory from ages 5 and up. Spanish, English, Turkspanglish.
- Everyone has to be educated it is mandatory until you are 20 years old.
-
La cocinaLa cocinaLa cocina

Making breakfast in the kitchen
Bilingual, Free, Obligatory, Yes.

8 - What is your policy on marriage?
- Everyone, The Gay Community, and even if he or she doesn't have the "age" for making it.
- Everyone, no exceptions
- Only men with women will be allowed to marry.
- Everyone who has more than 17 years old.
- Everyone even gays and lesbians will allow to marry.
- Everyone as long as they love each other. You can prove that love with a love meter.

9 - Would you want to live in your new country?
- No
- No
- Nop
- No
- Never

As you can see, I have some really great students. Hope you enjoyed that little tidbit of my day. Im off to make lesson plans for tomorrow. God bless!




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

BreakfastBreakfast
Breakfast

Karina and her mom made these for breakfast. Fried corn tortillas with beans, cheese and salsa


2nd September 2008

love meter?
Yes - I think you should go to the nearest store and purchase one of these........could come in very very handy!
2nd September 2008

Love Meter
I could definitely use one of these!!!
2nd September 2008

LOVE METER all the WAY!!
obviously i am in agreement with Linda--i love the idea for a love meter test to see if marriage is really in order... i see it doing 3 things-- 1.) cutting down on the number of divorces 2.) making relationships easier to figure out right from the start 3.) obviously this LOVE METER will help prove to DREW STAFFORD that we were meant to be together... haha!! I MISS YOU CLINT--glad to hear you are doing so well!! I absolutely LOVE reading your entries!! <3

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb