Never Expected To Visit Honduras...


Advertisement
Published: June 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.3302, -86.5194

I can honestly say that I never expected to visit Honduras. When I was working in Panama, I used to think I'd live to visit Nicaragua or Belize...but not Honduras. It was a pleasant surprise. We didn't arrive in the port of Roatan until almost 0900, so we had time for breakfast and then we went to the way top of the ship -- 18th story -- to watch as we cruised along the coastline of Roatan island, to port. We were amazed, but aside from one other family, there was no one else on top with us.

Most of the excursions on the island seemed focused on "beach breaks" and snorkeling. They say the second largest reef in the world is off the coast. Anna had decided against trying snorkeling at this time, and we already had a beach break planned for the Bahamas, so we just went on shore for about an hour's worth of shopping. Once again, we retreated to the ship and enjoyed the pool and waterpark with a handful of other people. The sky was clear blue, temps in the 80's, and constant breeze....perfect beach weather, but without the sand -- YEAH!!!!

Before dinner, we played in another trivia game, and again came in second....ugh! But it was fun. Our supper was at the Tepanyaki Japanese steak house, where they cook in front of you. We go to a Hibachi grill fairly often at home, so it was not much of a novelty, other than the mishap with the egg. (see attached video). We had two groups of Swedes at our table, and it was enjoyable to watch their reactions to the whole dinner, as it was all new to them.

We closed out the night (well, before our obligatory ice cream, that is...) at the Second City Comedy Club on board. They have a troupe on the ship, and have several shows a night. We attended the "family friendly" version. Anna was a bit intimidated at first, as she had no idea what to expect, but she was about falling out of her chair at times. She was just afraid they might call on her for one of the improv skits, so she kept her head down.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb