11-05-08 Revolt In Honduras


Advertisement
Published: November 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our next port of call was the beautiful Isle Roatan, Honduras. Forty miles off the coast of Honduras this is one of the newer ports in Central America. Also, according to our cruise director it is the least developed of the ports in Central America.

My beautiful bride and I had booked a tour through a local tour guide and needed to be the ship fairly early to make our tour. Our new friends had decided that they would come with us. We were excited to have people we know joining us for the tour. At 6:30 Am our wake up call came and we readied ourselves for the day’s activities. We could see the port out of our window and we watched the people in the port getting ready for our arrival. At 8:00 AM we met our tour mates at the breakfast buffet. After the normal eggs and bacon we headed to deck 0 disembark and meet our tour guides. That’s when things became a little frazzled.

After waiting for about thirty minutes to disembark the cruise director made an announcement over the speaker that the citizens of Honduras was striking against the government and had blocked all roads leading into and out of the port. He said the the entire country was striking and that for our safety we would not be allowed off the ship. Forty five minutes later we were back at sea. The cruise director said that we would just us that day as an extra day at sea.

The rest of the day we did very little other than relax. My beautiful bride played blackjack for 4 hours and I made my rounds around the ship. We met our friends at 6:00 PM in the restaurant and talked till 8:45 the we caught the late show in the Amber Palace with our friends.

The show was a Hypnotist named “Puck”. He was funny! He had ten people from the audience on stage and had them do various things. He even had one up acting like she was Madonna.

After the show we said our goodnights to our friends and went to our cabin. We ordered a wrap and a Ruben from room service and after we ate we called it a night. The next day was another ‘Fun day at sea”. This is where I’m writing this. 1:19 PM on the second sea day in a row. Unless something VERY exciting happens I’ll upate again after port day in Freeport, Bahamas on Friday.

(Note: My beautiful bride just took a break from blackjack $52 up! WOOHOO!)




Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb