Day 10


Advertisement
Published: March 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we were supposed to have a full work day. That did not work out because at about twelve or twelve thirty the rain started to come down. This was not Vancouver rain where it drizzles a little bit on and off; this was Guatemalan rain. I could run outside for fifteen seconds and be completely drenched. In twenty minutes of pouring rain the worksight got too flooded to work. We had to call it a day and go home.

Before lunch we got some good work done though, and it was soooo hot. Everyone had to take a short breaks to keep from getting sun stroke nd to put on more sun screan. I was so happy when a tiny cloud would block the sun for like two minutes. As you can tell this is very different weather then from the weather we experienced after lunch. That's Guatemala!

After we got back from the sight at around two we had three hours until dinner. Some people whent and played basketball with St. Georges and some people stayed and chilled at the house. At six we had greek food for dinner, it was very good. After dinner we whent to the art gallery in Tecpan to see some really good local paintings. They were some very nice paintings. We got some hot chocolate at the gallery and looked around and hung out. After the delicious hot chocolate and some cool paintings we walked over to the cafe to have nutella crepes. They were soooooo good. I also got a pineapple smoothie that was ver good as well. other people got chai tea and strawberry smoothies but a lot of the people got crepes.

Now we are back at the house and were all pretty tired. Everyones just relaxing and chilling. Tommorow we are going to see the Mayan ruins its gonna be pretty fun!



By Matt


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The Guatemalan DownpourThe Guatemalan Downpour
The Guatemalan Downpour

This is what the sight looked like from the home aftaeer about fifteen ten minutes.


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb