Lake Atitlan continued


Advertisement
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So far we have found Panajachel fairly quiet with alot of gringos and overpricing to go with it! We found a fairly reasonable happy hour last night but not alot else! Tonight we are having a bbq with our group in the hotel. I am very excited as I am going to buy a bottle of wine, I have had enough Mexican beer and tequila to last a lifetime!
Today we decided to try and find a full English breakfast as Nick, an English guy we are travelling with, will pay alot of money to have a traditional english brekkie, he was not impressed to be served rice and beans for breakfast! Needless to say, despite all the ex pats here we didnt find one but we got eggs, result! We also spent the best part of 2 hours finding the post office and wrapping a canvas and print we have bought to send home. Better then our first attempt in San Cristobal where we didnt even manage to find the post office! Off to explore a bit more now as it looks like the inevitable rain is on its way again, it was very cool to see the lighting across the backdrop off the Lake last night though.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb