Leaving Antigua and on to Tikal


Advertisement
Published: March 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Wow where to begin? We spent a couple of days chilling and wandering the cobbled streets of Antigua. We had an absolutely hilarious last night... We went back to Rainbow Rooms for what we thought was going to be a reggae night... It was pretty dead to begin with, just us, a rude American group and two extremely eccentric Guatemalan men. We got into a conversation with them, in a mixture of English and Spanish (mostly the latter) discussing everything from race, homosexuality and the positives of being a monk in India for three year. Our hilarious conversation ended up with us all in tears - literally - from laughing and an invitation the next day to their butterfly reserve in the mountains, which we politely declined due to the slight 50 year age difference. Alice arrived to our delights and we soon decided to hit the local salsa club - la palma - where we had a lesson from the best salsa dancer in Antigua and were both asked to dance salsa freestyle after.

Then we travelled up to Tikal on an overnight bus with the loudest snorer on the planet (both of us confessed to having violent thoughts towards him by the end) and arrived in Tikal after dropping off our bags at 10am - a friendly 12 hours travel with a even friendlier 1 hour sleep. Met some hiiiiilarious people on the coach and some even better people on our tour of Tikal. Tika itself was incredible and fascinating, despite the less than idealm, highly irritating but sweet guide we had 'GAIIYYYYYYZZ' and 'YAGUARRRRRR' featured heavily on the tour. Made good friends with a group of 6 lovely American med students and ended up watching the beautifu sunset over the lake in Flores and headed for a meal of non-stop banter (with 5 Americans, a German and two English, what would you expect?



Big love Lu and Rosey xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb