Tikal: Power House of the 8th Chakra


Advertisement
Published: May 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The Longest Journey


Tikal was the crowning achievement for Hannable!
We literally conquered a near impossible task of planning, monetary maintenance, and corresponding synchronicities, all coinciding to offer us an adventure of a lifetime!

We began our journey from the depths of Mexico at the site, Palenque, in Chiapas. We weren't sure if we would have the resources necessary to continue down into Guatemala, but we made a decision and stuck to it unwaveringly. The journey to Tikal itself was breathtaking to say the least as it involved a four-hour bus ride to a one-hour river ride to another four-hour bus ride to Flores, where we bunked in Guatemala. Flores was a beautiful island located within a massive lake about a two-hours drive from Tikal.

Tikal, according to our research and to local word-of-mouth, was the apex of the Mayan civilization during the Golden Age of Mesoamerica.
Here is the wikipedia link for Tikal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tikal

Tikal can be likened to the New York City of its day and time, in that it was a center of many cultures, creeds, dialects, and trades. As well, according to the research and theories of some, Tikal was built in accordance with the eighth Chakra, or as the Mayans called them, Chaclas.
In this theory, it is said that some of the major Mayan temples were constructed in a Fibonacci spiral that corresponded to the seven energetic centers within the body, with Tikal representing the eighth, above the body, energetic center corresponding to the "light body."
Here is one link to such proposed theories:

http://lightworkers.org/blog/78941/the-8-mayan-temples-and-corresponding-chakra-according-the-serpent-light-by-drunvalo-melc

Hannable indeed felt a great presence of energetic overflow that literally sapped us, physically! Traversing the site of Tikal was a feat within itself, and we were never so tired after that day then in all of our journeys combined.

We had the pleasure of meeting a couple of like minds as well and being able to share and converse over all topics of interest. One of our friends is Nalasa Cutler that can be found and "friended" on facebook!

The most fantastic aspect of Tikal is that most of the major structures are renovated enough that they allow tourists to climb on them. In some cases, this was extremely scary as one of the pyramids is at about an 80 degree angle! Another fascinating aspect of the Mayan temples in general, though specifically at Tikal, are the obvious artifacts that are missing. For one, the capstones are not present, and for another, certain small rooms obviously held some import besides being a little cozy limestone closet. Hannable's imagination is peaked at pondering the possibilities as to who has these "missing" artifacts, and where they are taken.

Here is a link to the most compelling evidence we have come across regarding the construction of these megalithic monoliths:

http://www.geopolymer.org/


Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.037s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb