Apparently it´s called a rainforest for a reason...


Advertisement
Published: June 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, I know it´s been a while but I just really can´t be bothered to use the internet most of the time. Hmmm, where have I been lately? We left Hopkins, Belize a week or so ago. Our last night there in Punta Gorda was interesting. Punta Gorda is a cute, quiet little town in the south of Belize. We were playing hackey sack at this little church and a bunch of Belizean kids came and hung ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Rainforest crabs...Rainforest crabs...
Rainforest crabs...

These are some crabs in the rainforest around Rio Dulce, I have never seen so many different kinds of crabs before...
Can´t blame him...Can´t blame him...
Can´t blame him...

This is one of the kitties that lived at Finca Tatin, he is just what most people did there, sit back, relax, and contemplate the afternoon away...
No ones home...No ones home...
No ones home...

An abandoned little house on the Rio Dulce...the picture was from taken from our kayaks...
Over the bridge to Santa Elena...Over the bridge to Santa Elena...
Over the bridge to Santa Elena...

This is an archway over the bridge that connects Flores to the mainland town of Santa Elena...
Another yummy breakfast...Another yummy breakfast...
Another yummy breakfast...

This is me at Telingo Lingo, a little restaurant in Livingston we went to about 4 times in two days, great food and drinks, and fun people...
Pelo deep in thought....Pelo deep in thought....
Pelo deep in thought....

This is a good picture of Pelo in the forest, he had so much to say and so many stories, what a character
Dugout time, woohoo...Dugout time, woohoo...
Dugout time, woohoo...

Here is me in the dugout canoe, you can kind of of see how low down in the water we are, it was a great ride up the river...very peaceful and quiet...
Hammacks, where have you been all my life...Hammacks, where have you been all my life...
Hammacks, where have you been all my life...

This is the hangout area at Finca Tatin, you can see how it´s just surrounded by the rainforest, and a really great place to get away from it all...and get close to the snakes and spiders...and a lot of rain...
The morning sweep...The morning sweep...
The morning sweep...

This is a photo of the Parque Central in Flores, it´s really pretty and this man is sweeping up early in the morning...
More villages...More villages...
More villages...

That is me walking with Pelo again in the villages around Livingston...
Kayaking Rio Dulce..Kayaking Rio Dulce..
Kayaking Rio Dulce..

This is a picture Dean took of me in my kayak up ahead on Rio Dulce, we finally had a break from the rain at this point and the current was with us going back making it much easier than the way out...
Colours galore...Colours galore...
Colours galore...

Here is a little taste of what some of the colours are like in the rainforest, there are so many beautiful flowers...
My dream home?My dream home?
My dream home?

This is another shot of the houses on Rio Dulce, many of them just have dirt floors, but are very well built and have been there forever...
Catching lunch...Catching lunch...
Catching lunch...

Here is a man and his son fishing from their dugout on Rio Dulce...
A definate neccesity...A definate neccesity...
A definate neccesity...

Here is me in my mosquito net in our little shack of a room at Finca Tatin, the bugs were pretty crazy there, if you didn´t lube up and cover up you´d be literally eaten alive...
More lovely flowers...More lovely flowers...
More lovely flowers...

All the flowers are so bright and beautiful...they just make your day everytime you see them!
Please stay out of my bed...Please stay out of my bed...
Please stay out of my bed...

Just one of the many, many, many bugs that could possibly crawl into your bed with you at Finca Tatin....
Flores, Flores...Flores, Flores...
Flores, Flores...

Another shot of pretty Flores, it is nice to be back in the sun after all that rain...
Smallest road in the world...Smallest road in the world...
Smallest road in the world...

I guess this road really is in the Guiness Book of World Records for being the smallest, this was in Placencia, Belize, it got a little longer everytime we walked up and down it...
Transportation selection...Transportation selection...
Transportation selection...

A few ways to get around in Flores and Santa Elena, the little Tuk Tuks are great, and cheap...and the buses, well they´re everywhere, you just can´t escape the chicken buses in Central America...
Livingston life...Livingston life...
Livingston life...

One of the few paved roads in Livingston, once you walked beyond a certain point it was all trails in the forest...



13th June 2006

pics are worth a 1000 words
,,finally some pics to add to the commentary>>>and to see you too! all looks so inviting,,except the bugs, rain,crabs, and dirt floors. just kidding,,it all looks great, especially your big smiles..
17th June 2006

Hi
Your Dad sent me the link, looks fantastic over there, keep inputting, and I know its a pain but us people who never go any where like to look at forgien lands, ha ah. Take care!

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1134s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb