Arrival


Advertisement
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone,

After a pretty uneventful journey, we arrived in Guatemala. We sat next to a really friendly Guatemalan woman on the plane, and shortly after takeoff, she informed me that we should expect a 'fun' landing as the runway in guatemala was surrounded by mtns and very short. She continued to mime the plane nose diving and then screeching to a halt, so needless to say I was a bit anxious. In the end. The landing proved not so eventful.
On a whim, we took a shuttle bus from the airport to Antigua guatemala, which has a quaint colonial feel to it. We got ourselves a hostel, and spent the remained of the evening wandering around the cobblestone streets and peering at the ruins of old churches destroyed by earthquakes, which are scattered around the town. Today, we head to lake Atlilan and will start our search for a spanish school. We'll right more soon, hopefully put on some photos. Take care!

Advertisement



19th June 2007

wow
Hey Joshie I didn't even know you had the central american adventure planned. That's awesome! I'm on the big countdown and am now unemployed. 5 more weeks and the adventure will begin. Like the site, keep us updated with the fun and games - do you know any spanish? Hola is a good start and 'yo pene es largo' (my p*n*s is large)..... I've got a funny story with that statement but not for the www. J
23rd June 2007

acirema htuos
Hey mate. Looking forward to hearing about your trip - will be heading down to that continent at some stage later this year.... adventures ahead. Would be good if we could cross paths somewhere... enjoy it.

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb