Our last day


Advertisement
Grenada's flag
Central America Caribbean » Grenada
November 10th 2007
Published: November 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wed

Our last full day we booked a DIY tour, two of us and a driver headed around the island visiting a nutmeg processing plant, several views, a rum distillery and a couple of lakes. It was good to have a guide telling us the history of the area and showing us the fauna and flora. I was moved by the story of the original Grenadian Caribbean’s. After the Europeans invaded and enslaved them in plantations many died. The few remaining survivors escaped and headed to a town, after a while they decided to jump to their deaths rather than live under European rule. We visited the memorial site pay respects as part of our tour.

We arrived back at the hotel in time for lunch, I packed my dive kit up, and lounged on the beach before heading to the room to continue the tidy and pack up before dinner.

Thurs

A couple of last ours spent on the beach after breakfast before changing and checking out. We were at the airport early, and headed home on a LONG slow plane - via Tobago again (chucked off again!!!!) finally getting home on Friday morning exhausted.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb