Going to Grenada


Advertisement
Grenada's flag
Central America Caribbean » Grenada
November 2nd 2007
Published: November 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Thursday
My new car was the perfect vehicle to transport me to the airport. I headed off early, there was little traffic and my new cruise control and automatic gears came into there own! Very easy drive and parking. I arrived at the airport before Mary so had to wait for a while. After checking in and going through security we bumped into half the dive club in the lounge area, they were of to Sharm el Shekh for a week, we chatted to a few people before going to board our plane which was leaving early due to the need to stop in Tobago as there we strikes planned!

The flight was L O N G and slow. We arrived at Tobago and stopped, we got chucked off the plane and waited for about 2 hours. The Tobagans had to clean and restock the plane before we carried on to Grenada.

We arrived later than planned due to the Tobago issue! We grabbed a cab and were at the hotel in little time, checked in and went to our room - fantastic sea view!!!

Friday
After waking up fairly early and having breakfast we quickly hired a car and headed out. Unfortunatly my first Grenadan driving exprience lead me to the town, traffic and tiny roads were a challenge. Once we had left the town it was much better. Small wiggling road heading around the island. We looked at lots of beautiful views and headed to the other end of the island to find a chocolate factory. We drove up and down one stretch of road struggling to find the turning to the factory,when we finally found it it was tiny! A man at the 'factory' told us if we wanted a tour and to get chocolate we should head to the nearest Plantation Estate. We knew where this was as had passed it several times in our attempt to find the 'factory'! We arrived at the Estate and I used the toilets, on the way back a monkey tried to climb my leg!! We took a tour and learnt how cocoa is harvested, dried, sorted and turned into chocolate, had some samples and bought some bars. It got very hot so we were relieved to bring our new purchases to the airconditioned car and headed on our way around the island back to the hotel.

The beach called for a much needed swim to cool off! The water was lovely, warm blue carribean sea! WOW!

In the evening we got a taxi to Fish Friday - lots of market stalls selling fish and a steel band playing. We saw soooooo much and this was just the first day!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Chocolate FactoryChocolate Factory
Chocolate Factory

Not open to visitors :(


Tot: 0.425s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 18; qc: 91; dbt: 0.2272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb