A bit more about day 1


Advertisement
Published: July 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

okay so first. the plane was miserable. But we survived. we got her around noon (el salv time). IT is about 8:30 now here. so when we got here we unpacked and had HOT chicken soup..yuck! (about the hot..not the soup!)..and bread. Then they were like....put on tons of bug spray because we are going to the volcano! So we went to the volcano! it was unbelievable! it was soo beautiful! it was amazingggg! then we came back here and had dinner. I thought it was going to be gross..but it was suprisingly delicious!! it was some kind of spiced rice..homemade bread ..and frijoles (beans). They were soo good..i made it like a taco thing....all together. And iced tea with ICE. we can only have ice with dinner because they dont have enough for every meal.

Anyway about the city. It isnt as poor as i thought. I mean there are some very VERY poor parts. the poor parts reminded me of slumdog's slum. all the houses wwere connected. But then there were some middle-upper class that lived in standard clay houses.

The CITY city is kinda different. They have fast food everywhere! and they all have these GINORMOUS playplaces! i mean HUGEE! Longate McDonalds times 10! but sadly..none of the young kids can afford to play in tthem 😞

Tomorrow----i get to go to the malnoursihment hosptial! I am soo excited! i am going over with this lady from vancouver, BC. it is within walking distance from the house so we are walking. I am soo excited!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb