Birthday time in San Jose


Advertisement
Published: May 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Worse than downhillWorse than downhillWorse than downhill

Gary and Yvonne concentrating quite hard on the very shaky suspension bridge. defo the scariest bit.
Its Yvonne’s birthday and what a place to have a birthday. We're now on the bus between La Fortuna and San Jose. We’ve been having a great time the last few days. La Fortuna is a really nice town. The town/city is very well catered for. Souvenir shops every selling arts and crafts at extornatite prices. We’ve seen stuff for sale here that 5-6 times more expensive than Honduras or Nicaragua. I’ve been going into all the churches we’ve passed and being doing my swapping a prayer for a wish thing. There was a body in a see through casket in the church in La Fortuna. There are a lot of Americans here. You can drink the water and it feels really safe. The taxi’s even have safety belts for the most part. There was a great bakery just down the road from the hotel. Ye know how happy that makes me. The scenery is still amazing. Volcanoes’ everywhere. Gary went for a ride up to a viewpoint of an active volcano but only saw a few fireflies because of the awful storms they’ve been happening here. It’s the start of the rainy season and the thunder and lightning is amazing.
One of the first ones.One of the first ones.One of the first ones.

Not too wet here. Lovin it. apparently I didn't stop laughing for the whole time.
Really way more dramatic than home, it's a wee bit crazy. Mam you would definitely not enjoy it. I’ve found myself jumping out of my seat more than once.
The hotel we were staying in was amazing with free air con and internet. It was called Hotel Fortuna. They organize day trips out of here. We’ve made some good friends from the tour and the craic has been good over the past few days. Yesterday a few of us went off to the Baldi Hot Springs. It was amazing right at the bottom of the volcano. About 30 pools of various temperatures and some great water slides in case you were getting sleepy. I loved the water slides. Some of the others considered them a wee bit unsafe which was probably true. There are bars in the middle of the pools which sell cocktails for $10. We did not partake in these however ate ice-cream by the bar in the pool. Ended up quite a creamy pool by the end of it. Some of the others in the group went white water rafting. We’ve saving this for New Zealand and kind of glad we didn’t go after seeing them when they got back. There was 2 groups level 3 and level 4. The lads who couldn’t swim very well went in the level 3. This was described by our tour leader as a safari. Not quite. Their boat toppled over onto rock and the raids were so hard that they were carried a long ways down the river. Hitting the rocks on the way down. Eileen lost her shots and flip flops Pam has very little skin left and Kens already bandy legs are now much worse. All still walking though so I suppose it could be worse. Very scary sounding. A few drinks needed by those involved.
Gary got me a nice card a really pretty pair of earrings for my birthday. When I came down this morning Elle a lovely German/Canadian lady from the tour came over to me with a flower. How everybody knows. Hope you’re all enjoying the bank holiday weekend at home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Gary getting untiedGary getting untied
Gary getting untied

Apparently the harness was quite tight!!
The break away groupThe break away group
The break away group

On a stroll at the base of the volcano
pretty flowerspretty flowers
pretty flowers

Gary took these!
hotter than it lookshotter than it looks
hotter than it looks

Bacon being boiled
Puppy body guardPuppy body guard
Puppy body guard

Gary protects the puppy from the paparazzi
cuttle raindow puppiescuttle raindow puppies
cuttle raindow puppies

Puppies who lived in reception
our gangour gang
our gang

yesiam, Jennifer and Eileen


Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.055s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb