Maybe Jackson enthusiasts should visit Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: October 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Alex and I are pretty well convinced that Costa Rica is the place to retire to. I think anyone that needs ideas of what would make Jackson a better place to live, work, and play should definitely visit Costa Rica. Rudy might as well be an official Ambassador for their country. I've never heard anyone so positive and energetic about their homeland. They're a a third world country and we have nothing to be proud of? Nothing to brag about? Nothing to convince people to move and open business in Jackson?

Checking in on the local Citizen Patriot, I read an article about another movement to get people to be more positive about where we live. In Costa Rica there are run down houses everywhere you go, streets that get closed down due to landslides, no strict health codes............and yet a large population of American's are heading south to live there? Obviously this third world country must have a huge draw. There's the school and medical covered for everyone making an income of $600 a month........sure there's a lot of tax exemptions (except for luxury items which are taxed 100%!y(MISSING)our car is now double the price)....sure there's the rain forest, wildlife, extremely environmentally friendly, no armed forces, very relaxed peaceful people, etc...


Everywhere you go you give and take. Nothing is free. Yet here...they make up for things that we would consider "not acceptable" in the states with...something...positive attitudes, really pushing their assets. Even as we sit waiting for our flight to board, there are people walking around with free postcards for you if you sign up for an internet survey they e-mail you to find out about your stay in Costa Rica. I'm sure they aren't going to take this information and put it in a "to do" pile. I'm sure they won't look at it and say, "Now what?". I bet they take it and continue to strive to make this an even more inviting place to live, work, and play.

A landslide took out 15 people yesterday. FIFTEEN people. A cow fell on someone's windshield as they drove down the road due to a landslide. They don't exactly have the perfect living environment, but they still take what they do have and run with it.



This is a place to get ideas from and bring back to Jackson.....they're making it happen.....they're getting people to relocate and very obviously love this place they call home.

Advertisement



20th October 2007

Jackson who ?
I been doing CR for 21 years. Jax Missippi ? Jax Whoming ? Michelle/Michael Jax ? Pura Vida... No Jax required....unless you get a flat tire.......

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb