Limon


Advertisement
Published: August 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

This blog is just going to be a lot of hilarious random junk that i haven´t written about because not a whole lot is new. So this one is going to be all over the place.

First, to answer a few questions that i haven´t yet answered. The buses and Costa Rica. Taking the buses in CR is a smoregous board of Russian Roullete. You never know what you´re going to get, and when you get it, you might not be to pleased. I´ll tell you that i´ve ridden on some really nice mercedes benz buses all plush and very extravagant, and then i´ll tell you that i´ve ridden on some 1970´s Chenango Valley bluebird school buses painted a tantalizing baby blue. One thing about the buses; they have these infrared lights that count the amount of people getting on and off the bus. One should never, ever, and i mean never ever cross the infrared line in an attempt to get off the bus, just in time to have the doors slap close in your face, and then retreat back to your seat. You see when you cross that red line, that means you´ve gotten off the bus, but if you cross back, that means you got back on without paying which = a very distressed, spanish yelling, unhappy busdriver. I have first hand experience.

Another item, my family and the rest of the costa rican population, along with my classmates think I have a tape worm. For instance, yesterday in downtown san jose, where i was attempting to do some souvenior shopping, we stopped at a soda and i consumed cosado con carne en salsa, which is a meat in salsa, rice, black beans, fried plantains, cabbage salad, egg and cauliflower. Once you see this plate of food you´ll understand, i took a before and after picture. Now top this off with the rest of 2 peoples meals, a couple chocolate covered donuts, an ice cream, some pastries, a mango or two, and god knows what else, and i´m still not full. Not only is Costa Rica some bizarre time warp that messes with your head, you eat an uncanny amount of food. You have to come here to experience it yourself.

Charlie and the chocolate factory?? Was it funny?? Did I miss a lot of witty sarcastic remarks by Johnny Depp? I may only find this out if i watch the movie again, but this time in english. A spanish jonny depp is not all that funny, especially a dubbed spanish johnny depp. Yeah, i´m not surprised that maryln manson was never cast for the role, the folks here get all wet about that kind of stuff. They´re the kind of people that enjoy a good linkin park song, if that means anythign to ya.

I love taxí drivers. Last night, I had the conversation equivalent of powing someone with sonson... dramatic pause, TWICE. I chatted up this cabbie named sanchez and yes he had a moustache and was 100 pounds over weight. Made my day for sure. Anyway, we chatted away on the ride back from the theatre and he told me that i spoke some excellent espanol. My trip is complete, i can now come home.

however, I´m getting tired of marcos saying Luke, yo soy su padre, ala Luke, I am your father, in spanish. Tell me that doens´t get old quick. However, marcos is great, he´s coming over to my house for lunch today for some sweet rice and beans con whatever. He´s great to have along, cus he´ll talk to anybody and everybody and he loves to talk to the spanish with me. We usually get the taxi drivers going bizzark, and those taxista´s they love the gringos. Everytime we´ve gone to the mall we´ve ran up a 1100 colones bill or so and the taxi guy only charges us 1000 because we talked the whole way. Those poor guys love us cus, your average tico never chats em up, and when they finally get to converse, watch out, its like farneti in a porn shop, chaos all over the place. We usually struggle just to get a sentence out because the guy is sayin something in spanish a million miles an hour.

yesterday in san jose, while taking the taxi, i had stroken up (yes, thats not a word i know) a nice lil convo about the walk to cartago, but the taxi guy tricked me and changed topics without me knowing, and what i thought he said was, how long did it take you to walk (to cartago), but in actuality my man said, how long have you been here (in costa rica). For some reason i said 5 hours, but it came out as 5 years, don´t know why or how, but about 5 minutes later i´m bursting out laughing in the front seat of the cab, because i´m replaying the conversation over in my head, and i jsut realized he asked me something completely different to my answer. Yeah i´m sure you could careless right about now, it´s really irrelevent and pointless, but i´m really searching for somethign to write.

Still waiting on the package from home, its been a few weeks now. I hope there is chocolate involved, and especially in cookie form.

Going to rastafarian land, aka limon this weekend on the carribean side. Puerto Viejo to be exact. It´s gonna be wild, we´re sleepin in hammocks, gonna get eaten alive by bugs, i´m taking a jar of peanut butter and tortillas. I´ve got this beautiful little invention where you take a small tortilla, about the size of you hand and coat it with peanut butter, then you buy about 5 or 6 bananas for 2 pennies, and you place a banana in the center of the tortilla, roll it up and yummy yummy. you´ve got food for the day, easily transportable, very inexpensive, and wildly nutrious, its the spanish equivalent to the Logan Bread. I could go some logan bread right about now. Mike, you wanna make some logan bread when i get back?

thats all for now, if you guys got any questions let em rippppp i got nothing.

later gringos

love luke

Advertisement



4th August 2005

blog response #11
hahaha thats a solid blog right there. i especially enjoyed the son son reference. expect it to make a showing when you return. we all know its going to be farneti who gets it first, probably when hes trying to akuma "death" me or dan "instant kill" me. i see youre running out of crap to write, i dont blame you, youve been informing everyone of a lot of stuff youve done. ill help you out and ask you some questions, some actually good and relevant, most being completly useless and absurd. here goes; (1)how many times have you been called "gringo"? (2)how are the beers there? (3)are there as many ugly people there as there are in binghamton? (4)are there a lot of old people? (5)is there any mention of video games/does anyone play them/are they expensive? (6)did you buy any good books down there/spanish artsy stuff? (7)have you seen any dog fights? (8)have you seen any knife fights? (9)have you seen any drunk fights? (10)have you seen any cock fights? (11)has anyone tried to sell you something random on the street? (12)seen any new animals/insects? (13)does the toilet water flow the same way, i forget how that works exactly (14)have any cabbies tried to hit on you? (15)any luck with the chicas? (16)is there a little spanish laczak on the way? (17)have you gotten injured at all? (18)are you still wearing your fancy american shoes? (19)buy any shweet clothes? (20)think youre dogs are alive? hope that inspires. as always, continue with the funness. see you when you get back. later p.s. yeah farneti will make some logan bread with you, but youre going to have to buy the ingrediants and cook it. hell help out by eating some, then taking a huge dump at your house.
4th August 2005

logan bread
YES! I, too, hunger for the taste of flour and honey and cardboard.
4th August 2005

hating on farneti
if theres any reason i hate our name its becuase of star wars. Everyone feels like they have the right and need to tell me that their my father, your obviously having the same problem. I know of the farneti shits that jermey speak of, its not good. i remeber one time he dumped at my dads and we had to leave the house. We had to use the trampoline against our wills because of his overactive anus. it smelled like big foots dick. lorri is looking forward to makin' the breakfast. anythign you want in perticular?

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb