Downtown shopping


Advertisement
Published: August 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Deaner, if you could watch me here in Costa Rica you´d be enjoying yourself thoroughly because I have to sit still and talk and sit around and wait for what seems like hours after every meal. For those of you who know my eating habits, its usual consuming a monstrous plate of food as quickly as possible and then immediately getting up from the table regardless of whether or not anyone else is finished and leave. However, here in costa rica, i´ve had to master the art of patience and conversing with my fellow eaters in an attempt to be polite and social. I´m actually getting much better at it, and it might carry over to school, then again it probably won´t, but its been a good test to my will.

Going shopping in San Jose before classes today, theres a big market in the center of the city where no cars are allowed and theres just tons of small shacks selling junk or food and everything under the sun, supposedly for real cheap. I´m gonna bust out the costa rican bartering lingo and see what i can cook up. I still need to buy ma dukes something, but i got the rest of the family taken care of.

Apparently, we´re also going to attempt to go see charile and the chocolate factory again. I found out that jonny depps role was originally designed to be casted by marylyn manson. Can anyone confirm this?? I did not believe it when i first heard it. If anyone knows it´d probably be farneti because he always seems to know amazingly useless trivia like that.

It´s definitely going to be weird coming back to the US, I want to come back because i miss a lot of things, but i dont´want to because i´m finally starting to understand the language. I can actually understand my host mother when she starts rattling off a gazillon words a minute, but i still cannot understand my grandmother for the life of me. Maybe by my last day i´ll understand something she says.

There was an earthquake last night at 5 am, about 6.0 on the good old ricter. I didn´t feel it though, I was still recouperating from the 18 mile walk the night before.

Nothing new to report, going to limon this weekend, not sure if we are leaving on friday again, we might be, or we migh tnot be, who knows. the bus ride is gonna suck regardless, another 5 hours of hell. Still majorly looking forward to my charter boat. Its gettin silly close.

Hasta manana
sacmaster 6000

Advertisement



3rd August 2005

No Dice on Manson..
It was just a rumor i'm afraid, but apparently johnny depps performance was marylin manson inspired. Enjoy the rest of your trip!
3rd August 2005

blog response #10
i too share the same eating habits sac. its dine and dash at every meal. plus people are always amazed that such a lanky bastard can put away so much disgusting crap. has anyone downthere made any kind of comment about you eating so much? or have you not eaten that much food in one meal there. for example, i had a "light snack" last night consisting of 2 peanut butter sandwhiches, 2 bowls of ramen (cooked, i dont eat them raw like farneti), half a bag of gold fish, half a bag of doritos, 5 cookies, 2 pop-tarts, and 2 bottles of water. that was at 12:30 AM. johnny depps role was not originall typecast for marlyn manson - whoever told you that clearly should take part in the special olympics. tim burton specifically had depp in mind when still in the creative writing process. in fact, depp was the one who introduced the kid who played charlie to tim burton (depp had worked with the kid in 'Finding Neverland' and thought he was a good actor). and it is NOT amazingly useless trivia. it's only semi-useless, considering i just used it to prove that one of the people you're with is a complete shmuck. they probably just looked at depp in costume and were like "hey he looks just as pasty as marlyn manson". you should buy some sweet clothing, then sport it around school. then people will be all "hey whered you get that shuper shweet t-shirt" and youll be all "costa rica, sucka. its a tad bit better then hollister, you pre-fabricated poser." thatll get em. plus you should just buy something completly bizzare, something you cant even identify, then give it to someone as a gift, and when they say "what the hell is this?" you say "i have no idea but i thought youd like it". thatll mess with their heads. good luck with further adventures. later sacmaster 6000. p.s. is that an upgrade from the sacmaster 5000? or is that one just in the garage with all the puppies, i.e., living hunting tools. you should really let them out when you get home, im sure theyre pretty much close to dead (again)
4th August 2005

yaknow
lacy, victor and i just got back from visiting jonny and our HS friend alfred in NC. it was a great time. i'm sure you'll hear all about it, and see some cool pics of how white i am @ the beach. also, thanks for the post card. you promosed, and you delivered. very nice. anyways, i'll talk w/ya soon enough. - bizz ps - retaliation by dane cook is funny as hell

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb