I Like to talk about insects


Advertisement
Published: March 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a primeval wood, and the sound of outer ocean on a beach. Henry Beston author of The Outermost House







Costa Rica the land of micro climates. We landed in San Jose and just days later we were in the jungle . After pounding the city streets and visiting all the key places; the theatre , the Gold Museum, the national Museum and finally the el Grand Hotel where Jfk stayed, we met our group and leader and set of to the jungle in a bus. Fernando a biologist /guide joined us and regaled us with stories about all the animals we would see. He began each part with I like to talk about [insert animals here} frogs, snakes , birds, insects. His enthusiasm was contagious. Our hotel was a ecolodge only accessible by boat. Bordered by a river on one side and an ocean on the other. On our itinerary were some boat rides to try to see frogs, monkeys and turtles and a nature walk in the muddy jungle where we spotted the poison dart frog. As ominous as that sounds it is a bright red frog that is as tiny as a thumbnail. Now we left Tortegedo and the beach behind and are in the town of La Fortuna in the shadow of the volcano.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb