End of the First Week (and Latin Dance Class)


Advertisement
Published: June 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
Michelle and Her Host MotherMichelle and Her Host MotherMichelle and Her Host Mother

Michelle wrote this blog entry about the first week in Costa Rica.
Blog Entry Written by Michelle

The First Week

It has been a tiring yet amazing five days! I am learning so much Spanish and enjoying spending time with my host family and our group. I taught my family how to play "Go Fish" (or "Vaya de Pesca" in Spanish). I attempted to teach them how to call the Hogs, but I only got laughs and funny looks back. Wednesday we had dance class and learned the salsa, merengue, and cumbia. We went to the movies Thursday night, and the movie was in Spanish with no subtitles! I kept wanting to laugh with the people around me. It's at times like those where we can't wait to learn more and more Spanish! I can't wait for Manuel Antonio -- I finally think we are all settled in, and we are having great experiences!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Abby and Who?Abby and Who?
Abby and Who?

Abby dances with the guy in the yellow T-shirt who joined our group for the dance class.
Help?Help?
Help?

Ashley and Jill get some help from the dance instructor.
Whose Turn Is It To Lead?Whose Turn Is It To Lead?
Whose Turn Is It To Lead?

Michelle and Valarie take turns leading.
Learning a StepLearning a Step
Learning a Step

The whole group learns one of the steps before pairing up.
Jessica and ChadJessica and Chad
Jessica and Chad

It's Jessica's turn to dance with one of the two guys.
EasyEasy
Easy

Tara and Amanda make it look easy. It's so easy, Chad can dance this one with his eyes closed!
Got It!Got It!
Got It!

Amanda and Ashley are partners for this one and Jill and Tara pair up as well. The instructor looks on.
Amy and JessicaAmy and Jessica
Amy and Jessica

Their expressions say it all!


Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb