Valarie's View of Heredia


Advertisement
Published: June 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Author of this Blog EntryAuthor of this Blog EntryAuthor of this Blog Entry

Valarie stands by a fountain in the garden of CPI.

The Market in Heredia



Written by Valarie, with some photos that she took of the market and other sites in Heredia

On a tour through the central part of Heredia, we visited a large indoor market. Although our guide says that this type of market is becoming less popular in Costa Rica, there was a great deal of activity and a high level of energy there. There were a variety of fresh produce, meat, and bake stands with local products. There was even a place to buy dog food and treats! We also stopped by a little shop that roasts coffee beans--it smelled like heaven! The market also had several ¨sodas,¨or small, cheap restaurants with typical Costa Rican food. Some shops even sold clothing! Because you can buy almost anything you need under one roof, I feel like it is fair to call the market Costa Rica´s version of Wal-Mart.

Please note: There will be no more blog entries until next week. We leave for the beach and Manuel Antonio National Park on Friday, and there will be no internet access there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Fruits and VegetablesFruits and Vegetables
Fruits and Vegetables

There were many fruit and vegetable stands like this one in the market.
We're going to eat this!We're going to eat this!
We're going to eat this!

A photo of Elizabeth before trying this new fruit.
The PlazaThe Plaza
The Plaza

There are pretty green areas in the main plaza of Heredia.
Post OfficePost Office
Post Office

The two flags in front of the post office are the flag of the province of Heredia and the Costa Rican flag.
SchoolSchool
School

This is a public school in Heredia.


23rd June 2009

Coffee Beans
I love the details in the article, especially the coffee beans!

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb