Wednesday 1st August


Advertisement
Published: August 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woke up 0445

Up and out 0520

on site 0530 (on time again)

Work today. Same route, but when you stop and take it in its beautiful. To think we are in an indigenous reserve away from the so called normal way of life.
We had to move 25kg bags of cement and sheets of 8x4 and 5x3.
Fortunatley we managed to move the cemment up and over the hill in the Raleigh Landdy (thankfully). The Sheets we carried on poles two people to a pole. Although at the end we managed to get these on the roof of the Lanndy to.

Achievements: All cement and sheets moved to site safely, although the stand Freddie built for the sheets collapsed so we had to rebuild that.

Team thoughts: I had a sense of humour failure this morning when it took 2 hours to move just 2 sheets, so i told the group!!! we worked it out and we could have fiinished moving all the work in one and a half hours. half an hour ago.

Highlights. It was great o get the work finshed and it meant an early finsih. So we, myself and the others from field base went to the river and made the most of our time relaxing and centemplating what we had done so far.

I didnt set myself on fire today, all candles have since been banned!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb