Monday 30th


Advertisement
Published: August 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We awoke full of energy and raring to go for our first day on project. WE arrived on site at 0600, the locals had started at 0530. That was to be our start time from now on.

Our day consisted of moving concrete building blocks 500m's from the bottom of a hill, even at 0700 it was extremely hot, up over the hill across a stream and a little further to the project site.

Basically we had 300 blocks, one block per person, 15kg a block, a 1 km round trip, 30 degrees with no shade. Hard work no of course not, still happy of course... So all in all we shifted the entire stack by 1500, a total of 300 km's walked and individually about 25 km's. No mean feat!!!

Were we all smiling at the end of the day, not all externally shall we say. But after some food spirits were high and the acceivement was awknoledged.

Unfortunatley and don't try this at home i relaxed so much i leant back against a shelf which a small candle was sitting on. The first thing i felt was a nice warm sensation just like sitting in front of an open fire. When i realised i wasn't and it went from warm tohot i thought i'd better ask the groupcasually if my shirt was on fire. YES was the unanimous answer followed by lots of shouting and ideas about rolling in the dirt. A good idea but i didn't want to get dirty!!! As i started to unbutton my shirt, well hastily, a bucket of water came my way thankfully from the hands of Ameet. Cheers mate i apprecitaed that.

Well the out come of the story is, be very careful around fire, do not let me any where near it. Or anyone by the name of Ewan either (one o f our medics who burnt 3 fingers badly with the same type of candle!!!)

We all crashed out early exhausted but elated.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb