Saturday 28th July DEPLOYMENT


Advertisement
Published: August 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yup were off today, brekkie had, lunch to take with us.

We loaded the buses with all our gear once they arrived at about 0530 and away we headed. We were first off myself, Ellie, Kieran the PM's and the rest of Alpha 3 the participants.

6 hours later and some highs (views, people in the group and the excitement) and lows ( for those who didnt get any sleep, getting up so early and getting a crocked neck sleeping against the window) we arrived at Las Rosas. We were greeted by our host family who helped us cart all our kit from our drop off point 500m up hill to their house, which they had kindly moved out of to let us live in (ended up taking over!!!) They moved from their comfy house into a shack, which was the old eating area for the school children, which was our reason for coming. To build a new one because that one was well beyond its usefull life.

Costa Ricans will always do what is right for you by putting themselves out. Which can make it very hard to judge how things are going because they will only ever be positive!!!!

We all settled intop our new home, sorted out our sleeping arrangments, kitchen, a few other bits and pieces and got on with our own things.

Then there was the long drop well this is an experience, a long drop is as its name implies. A hole in the ground which you sit above, fortunatley we had a posh one with a seat, wher eyou do your business. No flushing water here so nature takes control and so do the flies. All in all it is very hygenic doesnt smell too bad and there suprisingly wern't to many flies. Just what ever you do do not look down a long drop at night with a head torch you may not like what you see. It nearly put me off using it...

The group settled down after dinner to get the formalities out of the way then it was time for bed some very weary people.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb