Friday 27th July


Advertisement
Published: August 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

You wouldn't believe what i did on the way back to field base from jungle camp. I broke my ankle, well all in the name of CASEVAC practise, i actually thought my acting was believed for at least a few seconds. Fame at last. The same procedure we followed except it was more of a discussion, picking out the main points and making sUre the participants knew what had to be done explicitly following the protocol.

It was then time to hand out all the kit to the participants so that they could pack their own and project equipment ready for the off tomorrow. It was great right in the middle of it we had a huge rain storm which added to the atmosphere and general kaos of the situation. Once packing was complete the participants had some free time to chill out in the local town, contact family and pick up some final supplies.

It was down time for us to so i popped into town with Emma to keep her company and head to pops for the best mango ice cream ever.

Friday evening was to be a bit of a turn up for the books, now this is Catie a small village in the heart of costa rica, not the sort of place i would have expected to host a foam party but host a foam party we did and an exceptional one at that. 50 of us dressed up in impromptu fancy dress dancing around to the most ecleptic mix of random music ive come across. But, ask anyone who was there, it was an awesome event and carried on long after i crashed out in bed. Photos to be posted.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0947s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb