Wednesday 11th July


Advertisement
Published: July 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Alarm went off at 0630, shame i had already been up for 2 hours!!!

Had my first shower today, seems theres only one tap and its not a hotone!!! My it was cold the sort of cold that takes your breath away, some say its refreshing i say its COLD.

After breakfast we covered setting up the entire radio system including finding a location for the antenna which you have to hang from a tree. I'll include a pic at some point. We also ran through such things as SITREP's these are situation reports that are sent in each day from the project sites to keep everyone up to date on whats happening. It is also vital they are working in case of emergency as there are no local A and E hospitals dotted around, some of the sites are a 4 hour walk from a road.

We then had to role play some of the health and safety features, we got wild anilmals and i got to play a rabied dog, with foaming mouth and every thing it was great. We even won a tub of ice cream for the best role play!!!

Marco then took us through bag packing which is vital on the treks and adventure phase of the expedition where the participants will be given enough food and equipment to keep them going for four days of hiking. We are only alloweed to take the essentials and one luxury item, I had to choose dave didnt I. I'll add another photo to show the amount of kit we took. Most bags came in at about 20 Kg.

We all went off to pack and get ready for the following few days where we would be away from field base over night in what became known as jungle camp!!!!

Advertisement



19th July 2007

school holidays
Hello Sounds like you are having fun. Finally it's the summer holidays! We have lots of plans but we will keep an eye on your website, whilst we are doing our homework on the Tudors. Kieran and Charlie
20th July 2007

Hello boys
Great to hear from both of you. I really missed being at school yesterday. I hope you had a great final two weeks. Have a very safe summer holidays, I am looking forward to visiting Lyons Hall in December.

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb