Grand Cayman Christmas Vacation


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 1: Boxing day.



Up at 3:30 in the morning to prepare for boarding in Halifax, NS. In the air for sunrise and then the long wait in Toronto as our flight attendant was delayed. Serious cheering when a new attendant volunteers to "get us home". Snowing in TO...4pm we hit Grand Cayman. The humidity hits you as you walk down off the plane.

We check out our place after stopping for a few necessities. We're hot, tired and running on a couple of hours sleep at best, but this is Grand Cayman 😊 We drive with the windows down (on the wrong side of the street) as roosters & chickens run loose, but this is no poor country. I dipped my feet into the ocean just to get a quick feel for it and that pic here is of people on the beach just to watch the sunset.

Supper was at The Wharf restaurant in George Town at 8, where I had lobster bisque, snow crab, king crab & a taste of turtle. Who knew turtle was so good? Tastes smokey like steak but with a drier texture like pork. We are 10 seated at a table on the massive deck over the water. A light breeze keeps the air moving. A musician plays the harp for us to help celebrate our family get together. At one point we get up to go watch the staff feed the Tarpons, fish that are long & lean like eel or salmon. As they throw the feed, the fish swim or leap to the food almost like a dog would in anticipation of where the food will land... very cool. After supper, still in sandals & short dresses we dance on the deck (yes me too), people of all ages, countries & manner of dress having a blast. Fans help keep people from getting to hot. The last friday of every month such as today, this is the place to be for an evening out. At 11, I call it quits and walk back home to crash...

Tomorrow will be just as long a day and I cannot wait! Bikinis & stingrays 😊




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

George TownGeorge Town
George Town

the main strip, cruise ships to the right, shopping on the left.
7 mile beach7 mile beach
7 mile beach

my home for the christmas holidays


Tot: 0.347s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb