Placencia


Advertisement
Published: May 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

SunriseSunriseSunrise

Not actually Placencia, but it looks about the same
Placencia is a relaxed beach town in south eastern Belize that is situated at the end of a long peninsula. After 20 miles of bumpy dirt road we arrived in town looking for a place to stay. An interesting aspect of the town is that its main road is actually a footpath near the beach, where all the hotels are located. We parked the car at the harbor and walked to Lucia's Travel Inn, which offers rooms for $10 per person. With a room secured, we took a siesta then headed to the beach. White sand, palm trees and 80 degree water made it definitely feel like a vacation spot. We were running low on Belizian currency, so for dinner we made ramen with onions in the harbor parking lot. After dinner we played some chess, read then headed to the Tipsy Tuna to take advantage of happy hour. They apparently canceled happy hour, but the bar next door had some live music. We emded up getting coconut ice cream and relaxing in some comfortable chairs next to the ocean with the music from the Bare Foot bar playing behind us. A very enjoyable experience. Once the band retired, we headed back to our hotel and indulged in sleeping in a bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 4; ; mem: 1.1mb