The best holiday ever


Advertisement
Published: January 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Paradise in PlacenciaParadise in PlacenciaParadise in Placencia

I really hope I'll be back soon
Well this is a bit of a cheat because sad to say but we've already left and this comes from the Holiday Inn in LA.......I reluctantly made it to the plane. So here's how it all ended up in Belize.

The last couple of days were our best yet, and that's saying something. After another fun night out, again at the Barefoot Bar, followed by pool at the Tipsy Tuna, on our final day Lucy and I were really keen to go snorkelling again, so off we went to see our friend Diana at Nite Wind. This time it was just the two of us on the day trip, and Gerald the fish man had gone awol, so we had the lovely Kenroy for the day. Kenroy is a cousin (everyone is related to everyone here) of the family too. This time we went to the Silk Cayes, which is near the outer reef, about 23 miles from Placencia.

It was a truly magical day. The Silk Cayes are three tiny islands in the middle of the turquoise marine reserve. We stopped at one of the islands and Kenroy took us on a beautiful swim. We saw the best
Waiting for the boatWaiting for the boatWaiting for the boat

This is on our final morning, as we waited to leave for the day
fish life yet, and more gorgeous coral. Then back to the island and he cooked us a barbeque. Absolutely delicious! After lunch it was off to the nearby island for another snorkel. The water is so beautifully warm it was easy to swim for a couple of hours.

For our final night of course we couldn't miss another relaxing evening at the Barefoot Beach bar. We met up with Doyle, who had been our guide a few days before and who we had been hanging out with the last couple of evenings. I didn't want to leave so decided to make the most of my last few hours.....so the night included karaoke at the Purple Space Monkey bar, dancing at D'Eclipse and finally a midnight swim. The Caribbean is gloriously warm in the moonlight. It was magical - just the thing to do on your last night.

I loved Belize and am so sad to have left. We will sorely miss the unhurried, relaxed and friendly way of life; the Belizeans; the friends we met; the natural beauty; the wildlife; the warm sea and of course the panti rippers!

I will definitely be back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The Silk CayesThe Silk Cayes
The Silk Cayes

This is the larger island. Pretty spectacular, huh?
KenroyKenroy
Kenroy

He whipped up a fantastic bbq for us


20th January 2008

Sad as Well
Great to have shared the panti ripper with you. As well we are now back in BC it has been grey and wet here since our return but the ski hill has 430 cm of snow at mid mountain. Will have to hit those slope once I adjust to the cold. The sun tan is quickly fading I have been wearing white as much as possible but it all fades as if a dream in and all too distant past. Was I really there just a couple of days ago??? Take care love reading the blog...

Tot: 0.413s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 41; qc: 158; dbt: 0.2679s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb